New Custom 6'er in the Works! (Redwood/Limba whhaaaaaaa)

• Thread starter Watty
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Holy shit, dude. This thing is getting sicker and sicker. His work looks excellent.

Pretty much...I just really want him to hurry up and get it stained, because that's the thing that's just going to make this pop.

OMG this is like my ideal guitar. WANT

Doubt it's going anywhere.

And on that note; have a few more. He also go around to recessing the bridge a bit:

IMG_7615_zps0433dd62.jpg

photo_zps071f37a2.jpg

hk_golgatha

has two first names
Reaction score
Forever tripping over that neck binding. :lol:

EDIT: You know, because it's cool. The way it marks the frets continues to blow my mind lol.

MisterMcCruff

Reaction score
Phwoargh! That's stunning.
Seriously impressive level of craftsmanship and attention to detail.

Can't wait to see it stained.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
The logo inlay on the back of the headstock is a nice touch as well. Is the front staying inlay free?

He'll most likely sign it in the redwood section as he did for the last two builds he just finished.

It's nice to wake up, have my morning coffee, and see the updates in this thread!

Lol, I hear that; just imagine how good it feels for me to break up my work day getting texted updates on the fly!

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Apparently today is sanding day.

Edit: Apparently someone dislikes the fact that sanding is taking place....?

Last edited:

teamSKDM

Reaction score
I wish redwood was more commonly used on production guitars. Looking at lumber distributers I saw figured redwood was half as much as figured maple, and in my opinion it is superior looking.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
I wish redwood was more commonly used on production guitars. Looking at lumber distributers I saw figured redwood was half as much as figured maple, and in my opinion it is superior looking.

Yep, pretty much. And along that line, check out the pics below. This isn't even stained yet, he just rubbed some naptha on it to clean it before the black goes on.

The figure might not be the most consistent ever, but I like that it showcases a ton of curl on the parts of the body not covered by hardware!

IMG_1756_zps620e23dc.jpg

LOOK AT THAT GRAIN!!!!!

IMG_9560_zps778de6b6.jpg

IMG_2498_zps8d6df532.jpg

Even the god damn bird is curly!!!

IMG_7368_zps49e1638b.jpg