New Custom 6'er in the Works! (Redwood/Limba whhaaaaaaa)

• Thread starter Watty
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hk_golgatha

has two first names
Reaction score
This thing keeps getting sexier and sexier. :bowdown:

Watty, would you be opposed to others using that neck binding/side block scheme?
Or in other words, can I steal that on a custom that's totally years down the road (apparently seventeen year olds don't make wages to fund customs as well as school? :lol: ) because I am seriously in love with that.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Damn, this might be guitar of the year for me.

I'll hold you to that...lol

This thing keeps getting sexier and sexier. :bowdown:

Watty, would you be opposed to others using that neck binding/side block scheme?
Or in other words, can I steal that on a custom that's totally years down the road (apparently seventeen year olds don't make wages to fund customs as well as school? :lol: ) because I am seriously in love with that.

Thanks man; and the block idea is not mine by any means. I think BRJ started doing something similar awhile ago and I liked it enough to want to use it given that I like blank boards.

hk_golgatha

has two first names
Reaction score
Thanks man; and the block idea is not mine by any means. I think BRJ started doing something similar awhile ago and I liked it enough to want to use it given that I like blank boards.
Well then... I know what will appear on a custom when the time comes...
I think it's a great idea - reminds me of the offset blocks Dylan does on some of his Daemonesses (anyone know the plural of Daemoness?), but a logical extension for those that like the clean look of a blank board. :yesway:

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
(apparently seventeen year olds don't make wages to fund customs as well as school? :lol: )

Stay in school and pay attention. I did and it's paying dividends now...and not just in custom guitars. :fawk:

Well then... I know what will appear on a custom when the time comes...
I think it's a great idea - reminds me of the offset blocks Dylan does on some of his Daemonesses (anyone know the plural of Daemoness?), but a logical extension for those that like the clean look of a blank board. :yesway:

Yeah, though I think the other guys tend to do something a bit more limited in scope. I just told Tyler that I wanted ebony blocks in the redwood and left the "how" up to him. He decided to fully "break" the binding for the ebony spacers instead of cutting smaller grooves into the binding strips like I think Dylan might (and Aaron did for my BW). Probably end up being cleaner and it certainly took him less time after the initial measuring.

And I'd vote for Daemoness being like "fish," both singular and plural. Comparing his work to an octopus just doesn't seem right. (Though that'd be KILLER idea to order on one of his guitars).

Edit: Dibs on Octopus graphics on a future Daemoness.

hk_golgatha

has two first names
Reaction score
DAMMIT THAT WOULD BE GLORIOUS.

Alright, but I get a leviathan inspired giant whale on a water theme daemoness I've been speccing.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Black sanded back. Turned out a bit darker than we'd figured, but with those curls being as big as they are, not all that surprising. Brown stain coming soon!

IMG_5682_zps72ce1ef2.jpg