New Dream Theater Tracks

• Thread starter Uber Mega
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
If you think progressive metal bands shouldn't be 'experimenting', you're clinically weird. :nuts:

You are right, and that's not what I meant... anyway, I just thought Rudess' solo simply sounded bad! That's what I meant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
Where, specifically, is "Nightmare to Remember" on those broadcasts? I listened to them both and couldn't find it--unless I just didn't recognize it as DT.

"A Rite of Passage" isn't bad, IMHO. Nothing earth-shaking, but I like it.

A rite of passage is at 16 mins on the first link.
A nightmare to remember is at 14 mins on the button on the unskippable link.

ADAMAKAGORE

Reaction score
I never liked DT much, just because of one thing...James Labrie...I know he sings well and all but his pitch kinda makes me nervous...I love the instrumental part though.

arktan

Icnomptenent
Reaction score
i love this song already now... and that makes me confused about the comments here :confused:

But Jordans Patches could really need a renewal :lol:

AySay

Banned
Reaction score
After a few re listens, the clean section in ANTR is really awesome, and the chorus of AROP is awesome as well. However, some problems... :(
1.ANTR is in C standard I'm guessing from the fingerings, as i learned most of it except for the solo bits. Why tune to C when its only 1 note higher than a 7 string, and 5 notes less... :scratch:
2.AROP is in D standard as I learned it as well.
3. The songs are really simple in structure, and riffs...i mean if i can get the gist of them in a few minutes...
4. Petrucci's more bluesy soloing seems out of place in both songs.
5. Rudess makes too many weird noises.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
BTW, don't bother with the second link. The only thing that plays is whatever is currently on the station, which plays all kinds of music with different DJs. Didn't hear "A Nightmare to Remember" on any of this DJ's available broadcasts, which you can access by going deeper into that web site. However, I did get to hear another track from the new Heaven & Hell besides "Bible Black", and it kicks ass!

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
A Rite of Passage wasn't bad quality wise, but overall I still wasn't wowed

A Nightmare To Remember's quality was awful and really muffled so you could barely get a feel for the song itself.

HorseCalledWar

Reaction score
Sweet. A nightmare to remember is awesome. Liking A rite of passage slightly less, but it's still pretty cool. So far, it sound like this album's gonna be better than SC, and I liked SC, so i'm sorted. :hbang:

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
For those who interested in buying this album when it comes out in June.

From CDJapan, it says the Japanese import version will consist of THREE cds!!! The first one is, of course, the album itself. The second is the instrumental of six of the tracks. While the third one is some covers the bands did. Not much info out of it as of yet, stay tuned or go here.

Dream Theater / Black Clouds & Silver Linings [Limited Edition]

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
For those who interested in buying this album when it comes out in June.

From CDJapan, it says the Japanese import version will consist of THREE cds!!! The first one is, of course, the album itself. The second is the instrumental of six of the tracks. While the third one is some covers the bands did. Not much info out of it as of yet, stay tuned or go here.

Dream Theater / Black Clouds & Silver Linings [Limited Edition]

I believe that's a special edition that's going to be released in other parts of the world, as well. Make sure before you spend the big $$$ for the Japanese edition.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
It's not bad, but to be honest it doesn't inspire me a whole lot.

progmetaldan

Reaction score
:lol: That second youtube link for 'A Nightmare To Remember' is not DT, its some clever dude uploading his own band's song and had 4K people listen to it thinking it was DT...

Origins

Not banned
Reaction score
I believe that's a special edition that's going to be released in other parts of the world, as well. Make sure before you spend the big $$$ for the Japanese edition.

Yeah it has been said that there will be a special edition available, no need to buy a Japanese import that would cost $$$.
People tend to buy anything that comes from Dream Theater and they use it in their interest. Like the "Meet and Greet package" including pictures with the band, some picks, some autograph, bandana and other shits for 125$ :nuts:
Or the Liquid Tension Experiment Boxset including 2 different live of the same songs (on DVD AND on CD, like we would need both..) and some other CDs for 130$ :nuts: