New guitar choicing: agile vs schecter.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
I can vouch for the Schecter. My ATX is crazy awesome. Resonates in every tuning (even Drop G is so resonant) and now I have passives in it the build overall and how it plays/ feels rivals many expensive guitars I've played.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
never read so many positive comments about schecter all together in this forum like in this topic :lol:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I know right? :lol:

Schecters are good guitars, I just have other preferences. That's always what it comes down to.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I've played Rick's custom Agile, it's legit. I own a Blackjack ATX C-7 in satin white, and it's the best seven-string guitar I've played, though my experience is limited mainly to the low- and mid-range sevens in Guitar Centers.

First, what are your plans? After owning and playing sevens for almost two years, I now know what more I need, and my next purchase will either be semi-custom or a decent guitar that will be heavily modded. If you're like me, go with either. If you're looking for something that does what you ask of it, and nothing more, go with the cheaper of the two. Build quality is the same, with Schecter being a bit less risky and Agile having the better return policy.

When all else fails, flip a coin.

BabUShka

Reaction score
This topic is like 6 months old :p

But while we're here, I own a Hellraiser C7 and an ATX C1. Both are great guitars for the price. But the ATX just slays.. I might sell the C7 one day, but I'd never ever sell the ATX because of the sounds quality it delivers. I paid the same price for it an used Epi LP would cost me, but quality wise its one of the best guitars I've played with a pricetag under $1000.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've played Rick's custom Agile, it's legit. I own a Blackjack ATX C-7 in satin white, and it's the best seven-string guitar I've played, though my experience is limited mainly to the low- and mid-range sevens in Guitar Centers.

:wub:

sear

Reaction score
Anyway, I've had limited experience with both companies. Always been biased against Schecter because they seem a bit overpriced
Schecter and LTD are the same company and they are made in the same factory. They have virtually identical build quality, materials, and even features. Schecter has only recently started to differentiate itself by picking up more active pickup options, satin necks, that sort of thing.

EDIT: Damn, old thread, didn't realize. Never mind me.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
carvin, definately go carvin if you can, between the schecter and agile, i say go agile. however, before you choose either of those i would personally go ibanez rg2527, or rg7620. and you dont have to worry about going from actives to passives, cause thats kind of a bitch. and looks bad.

craigny

Winning...duh
Reaction score
Ive owned various Schecters ATX's, Loomis, and Agiles...the pro and elite Agiles are of the same quality of any ATX schecter, or Loomis model..arent they made in the same factory in South Korea?? The build on them is sooo similar....Agile 7's have longer scale....Both are great guitars but for 7's id either go for the Loomis or go Agile..im a fan of both but im an Agile believer....Rondo rulz..

Chuck

Reaction score

J7string

Reaction score
Yeah but its easier to get a neck through that will always have decent sustain than get a cheap ibby that will have terrible sustain depending on the integrity of the bolt on joint.

I get get good dynamics out of my Loomis. The attack, sustain, and inbetween stuff is all there. There's just something about that guitar that just sings, and I love it.

Reaction score
Stay away from the SLS series then: they sport necks thin enough to be worthy of Ibanez ;)

I am looking at buying an sls c 7 fiked bridge. I hate Ibanez necks!!! But I have small hands, So is the new neck on the schecter identical or is it still c shaped but just overall more narrow?

Thanks for the time.