New Harley Benton FanFret-8

• Thread starter Van Portogal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
It looks like the Agile version of an Agile.

:rofl:

Seriously, though. Can we please stop placing random names on the stuff coming out of this Korean factory? Agile was first, so they're legitimate. But Kraken, Shawn, Harley Benton, etc. are trying to pretend they're something different?

You

þ
Reaction score
What pickups are used in the stock model of this guitar? I do not comprehend german, and the pictures are quite low resolution.

Fraz666

Reaction score
an Agile for EU? splendid!
I'll look for the 7

edit: the 7 is only in purple burl but with a good 27"/25.5" scale

vansinn

Reaction score
Well, this is somewhat interesting:
* 25.5"-27" scaling - juuust enough for both light up-tuning and Eb, though 25.5-27.5 would be better and more overall useful for a wider audience
* 20" radius - fine for barre's and fast shred
* passive pickups - quality yet unknownm but at least passives ;)

I am per definition a touch skeptical with the basswood body; not because I dislike this wood, but because sub-par variants of it tends to turn things worse than sub-par woods of higher densities.
I would have preferred the classic known-to-work and still inexpensive basswood-maple laminate.

It remains to be seen how well it'll all work out, of course, and will be interesting when reports starts coming in..

One key issue will keep me away as a buyer: It's too narrow at the headstock.
54mm nut width is the same as on my Riot 8 ltd, and simply doesn't allow fluidly playing complex fingering or chords at 1st/2nd fret.
What a pity, as a 56mm nut with almost linear spacing, expanding a bit on the two lower strings, is all that's needed.

We need more large manufacturers going multiscale! :agreed:
As such, almost all respect to Harley Benton - if only they'd come out with their own design instead of copycatting others..
And if only they would read a whole lotta loving posts on what we really really need, like in here..

TheBloodstained

Casual music entusiast
Reaction score
...dat' 7-string! :yum:

396690.jpg

lewis

Reaction score
:rofl:

Seriously, though. Can we please stop placing random names on the stuff coming out of this Korean factory? Agile was first, so they're legitimate. But Kraken, Shawn, Harley Benton, etc. are trying to pretend they're something different?

hey now, my Kraken is damn killer!! haha

gujukal

Reaction score
Are these made in Korea? Could be pretty damn good for the price, probably need pickup change though.

lewis

Reaction score
what scale lengths are the 7 strings and 8 strings?. These look nice and also a good mod platform