NEW JAM - Come e're for some yuge, atmospheric Deftones-type spank, with melody and groove for days!

Rational Gaze

LithiumDawn Voicebox
Reaction score
Sup y'all!

So I just wanted to share with you my band's latest. We've been putting this together for a damn long time. This song belongs to Part II of our 2 album series (our quasi-psychedelic Tearing Back the Veil), the first of which we put out 2 years ago. We wrote all 22 songs for both records together, but split the process up, as it's been a bit fucking daunting. With all that said, this is our new baby, with the record soon to follow.

I wrote this one the evening after I heard Deftones premiere the song Leathers in 2012 for the first time, and the shit just hit me like a ton of bricks. I took my guitar at the time (I think I had a Carvin), double dropped it to D (DADADGBE), and went to town. I didn't utilize the low string as much as it is for just texture. Then we threw a ton of real string work on there, dressed it up all thick and punchy, and made sure to allow the bass to breathe a bit. And then the band permitted me to squeal all over it. Suffice to say, I'm pretty happy with it. So I hope you all check it out. There is some existential message in there somewhere :) Lemme know your thoughts.

You can additionally download the hi-def version on our Bandcamp page:

https://lithiumdawn.bandcamp.com/track/star-driven-machine

Cheers!!!! :wub3:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.