New Javier Reyes LTD strat

• Thread starter StevenC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
They could put a sausage in the pickup routes and I’d still be happy. I’m just glad that someone is doing something other than the same stuff over and over again. I know a FR8 is my particular cup of tea, but this particular version - looking like a modern strat, rather than another generic black HH metal super strat - is super cool.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
They could put a sausage in the pickup routes and I’d still be happy. I’m just glad that someone is doing something other than the same stuff over and over again. I know a FR8 is my particular cup of tea, but this particular version - looking like a modern strat, rather than another generic black HH metal super strat - is super cool.

If this checks the boxes how I hope for an 8 string Strat, the main thing I plan on doing is getting it refinished.

Black

(Maybe Candy Apple Red)

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
I have come out of hibernation to post that I like this and will be buying it instantly.

Unless it is overpriced like the Kirk Hammet sig or the other sigs these days.
The other LTD javier was even more expensive than KH LTD's so I bet this will be more expensive too. I mean, it has more strings :D

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
It's wild that Javier has been playing ESP since 2014 and only has two custom shop guitars. He's had the strat since 2017 and it's taken this long to be released.

Meanwhile his LTDs have had 3 visions and a 7 sting version.

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
Double post on purpose

I just got married and I don’t want my balls cut off. She loves the first animals as leaders album, so maybe I can finagle this into something……she also doesn’t have a hobby that costs tens of thousands

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
Sorely tempted to sell my TAM10 for this, although mitigated by the sad reality that it wouldn't even come close to covering the cost

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Anyone here have any experience using a Floyd D-Tuna (or whatever they're called) with the larger string gauges of a 7 or 8 string?

Imagine this but with a gold D-Tuna, F standard to Drop Eb real quick 😋
Man, you’ve really got me thinking about D-Tunas now. I’m thinking one on the G string, and when activated it would be in F#. I could be chording with the root on the B string, as if I had a down tuned 7 with an added high string, and then flick up to G, so I can do traditional lead stuff without being thrown off by the placement of the 4th.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
aVOSkIC.gif

xzacx

Reaction score
I'm really torn here. The whole reason I want something Stratty with singles like this it is for leads, but 27" is just unreasonable for me in standard tuning—I'd need .6s or something. And if I tune down, then the 8th string is also at an unnecessarily low tuning, and just not usable to me. Yet ... it's so cool I might get it anyway.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I'm really torn here. The whole reason I want something Stratty with singles like this it is for leads, but 27" is just unreasonable for me in standard tuning—I'd need .6s or something. And if I tune down, then the 8th string is also at an unnecessarily low tuning, and just not usable to me. Yet ... it's so cool I might get it anyway.
What gauge do you use at 25.5?