New Jeff Loomis "Noumenon" Signature SD pickups (passive!)

• Thread starter Emperoff
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
Well, for Politics and Dreaming it's 81s for both guys according to Kernon. Dead Heart is actually mostly the 707, with some JB, according to Sneap. He also had that weird-ass proto 7 from the small company I can't remember the name of, that had such early Duncans in it that they actually sawed four bobbins up per pickup and glued the together, then soldered two cut-up baseplates together. I wish I could find pics of it...
Yeah, I always thought those albums with 81s with a Triaxis, or Mark IV.

Rex

Reaction score
Live during the Dead Heart tour he used LTD guitars with EMG 707 installed, when I saw the band live during This Godless Endeavour tour he still used the Schecter Hellraiser with EMG 707, the 81-7 was released in 2008 aprox. (If memory serves me well)

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Live during the Dead Heart tour he used LTD guitars with EMG 707 installed, when I saw the band live during This Godless Endeavour tour he still used the Schecter Hellraiser with EMG 707, the 81-7 was released in 2008 aprox. (If memory serves me well)
The 81-7 came out in 2003 or 2004.

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score
I guess this has been memed on endlessly on this thread already, but lol @ that website product description saying that his duncans were "synonymous with the Nevermore sound".

Fuckin marketers, man. Sheesh.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I guess this has been memed on endlessly on this thread already, but lol @ that website product description saying that his duncans were "synonymous with the Nevermore sound".

Fuckin marketers, man. Sheesh.

I was gonna make a joke about him possibly using Duncans on the self-titled debut album... But no, they specifically say ***HIS SIGNATURE BLACKOUTS***. Who's the dumbass that wrote that blurb? EMG wasn't even making the EMG 57/66 set they ripped off when Nevermore DISBANDED lmaoooooo

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score
I was gonna make a joke about him possibly using Duncans on the self-titled debut album... But no, they specifically say ***HIS SIGNATURE BLACKOUTS***. Who's the dumbass that wrote that blurb? EMG wasn't even making the EMG 57/66 set they ripped off when Nevermore DISBANDED lmaoooooo
To be fair, EMG's blurbs are somehow worse.

"If you're playing a seven string, passive pickups make no sense"

"The EMG Maverick set is inspired by the legendary sounds of the Surfians and Dick Dale"

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
To be fair, EMG's blurbs are somehow worse.

"If you're playing a seven string, passive pickups make no sense"

"The EMG Maverick set is inspired by the legendary sounds of the Surfians and Dick Dale"
Naaaah I think the outright lying about the gear he used is worse. :lol:

ezboarderz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
man the conquering distopia riffs are sick. Makes me want to listen to that album again. These sounds pretty sick though in that video. Probably are cool pickups, but its interesting he mentions he will still go active in the studio and use these for live situations.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
man the conquering distopia riffs are sick. Makes me want to listen to that album again. These sounds pretty sick though in that video. Probably are cool pickups, but its interesting he mentions he will still go active in the studio and use these for live situations.
As much as I dislike Keith Merrow's persona, I really enjoy his riffing. I've listened to that album like a million times.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
what was the live issue anyway? I always assumed the nature of actives made them better for live use lol