New Limited Edition PRS Tremonti Baritone

• Thread starter The 1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The 1

Reaction score
straight1.png

http://www.prsguitars.com/tremonti_baritone/

How to people feel about this one?
I like the bridge and 25.5" scale, although I guess that's not technically a baritone.
I wonder what the price is considering this is an artist package?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I guess that body in a 25.5" is cool, but Baritone? The whole, "Oh my God, we just tuned a standard scale guitar to C#" promotional point is pretty funny.

giphy.gif

Vrollin

Reaction score
Had an entertaining discussion with some of the staff and cult followers on the "PRS guitars owners worldwide" page on fb. Basically it came down to the Paul said so, so it must be a baritone and everyone else is wrong attitude. Turns out PRS is selling tunings as features now...
Have a look at that string gauge, 14-68 for c#/drop b. .... me! The write up on the page says that the scale length enabled them to use a plain G instead of a wound G, which we all know a wound G depending on gauge will yield a lower tension than a decent sized plain G. Really reaching for sales points with this one. Reminds me of the Simpsons when they sell the new doll with the feature of "new hat."

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
25.5" "baritones" register in my mind like:
has_anynoe.jpg

This dude was in Creed, so you kind of have to wonder if he wants people to hate him. Also, 14-68 for c#?

The guitar looks killer though. PRS needs more 25.5" scale.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
This dude was in Creed, so you kind of have to wonder if he wants people to hate him. Also, 14-68 for c#?

He's also in Alter Bridge and has a critically-acclaimed solo career, so that makes up for that blunder he really doesn't want to have any part in anymore. :lol:

xzacx

Reaction score
I feel like there's more people wishing PRS made 25.5 scales than baritones. Just advertising it as that would probably have more interest.

A-Branger

Reaction score
I think the wording of "baritone" is to make a name difference with the standard Tremonti signature guitars

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
While the baritone classification is a bit wacky, that is one sexy-ass fiddle! I'd rock one. :yesway:

pkgitar

Reaction score
Got my hopes up from that title! I'd love to have an SE (because this will be like $3-4k..?) looking like that with an "actual" baritone scale of 27"+ to compliment my Mushoks.

PF Chang

Reaction score
I know what this means. Creed reunion. Scott Stapp's voice dropped an octave and they plan on djenting anyway.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Love the guitar, think marketing it as a baritone is a bit odd. :lol: Just call it the Tremonti 255 or something since that fits how they name their other guitars with non-25" scale lengths (i.e. singlecut 245/250 models), but just tuning a 25.5" scale guitar to B doesn't make the guitar itself a baritone guitar, so they really shouldn't advertise it as such. :shrug:

That being said, part of what I love most about my Holcombs is the 25.5" scale and hardtail bridge combo on a PRS, so I can't see this thing NOT being awesome! :D Tremonti is actually a great player and a really nice dude (met him a couple times now, always been super cool!) so of all the random names I see getting sigs from other brands these days, at least his makes sense especially since he's been loyal to the brand for years.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks fantastic.

The baritone thing doesn't really bother me as while in this place baritones = huge scale length, literally the only definition of a baritone is "longer than normal scale length" and this is longer than that PRS's normal 25" scale on the Tremontis so technically it is a baritone Tremonti.

That said I agree it is a bit silly, but not as much as some guys are making it out to be. :lol:

Wizard of Ozz

Arch-Mage of Metal
Reaction score
Looks identical to the PRS SC250... With a Tremonti truss rod cover.

I used to own 3 SC250s... Killer guitars and indeed very articulate when down tuned. Noice!

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Looks fantastic.

The baritone thing doesn't really bother me as while in this place baritones = huge scale length, literally the only definition of a baritone is "longer than normal scale length" and this is longer than that PRS's normal 25" scale on the Tremontis so technically it is a baritone Tremonti.

That said I agree it is a bit silly, but not as much as some guys are making it out to be. :lol:

So does that make the McCarty 594 a short scale? :lol: It's just a silly marketing point on their part is all. And usually, I don't associate silly marketing with PRS guitars.:cool:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Looks identical to the PRS SC250... With a Tremonti truss rod cover.

I used to own 3 SC250s... Killer guitars and indeed very articulate when down tuned. Noice!

I could be wrong, but I believe the SC250 was a 25" scale singlecut, just like the SC245 was a 24.5" scale. What makes this unique is that it's one of two production PRS they've built with 25.5" scale now.