New Limited Edition PRS Tremonti Baritone

• Thread starter The 1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lemons

Reaction score
Given how, in the past, PRS has used that naming scheme for scale lengths (SC250, SC245, P245, McCarty 594, SE 245, SE 277)... Yes, it makes a hell of a lot more sense and is a lot less confusing than calling a standard-scaled guitar a "baritone". :lol:

And as said before, the entire industry refers to a baritone as an extended-range guitar. Just because PRS changes it doesn't mean everyone's going to release a Fender-scale guitar and call it a baritone. :lol:

Looks like you've gotten some tunnel vision there, you cut off my response to the question that actually agreed with you on the 255 name.

You guys are mistaking me saying that it's not unreasonable to call the model a baritone for me saying that 25.5 inches should now be the industry standard.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm not too familiar With PRS's pricing, but if that's MAP for a core, non-Private Stock guitar, that's crazy.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Also, just throwing out there...

This guitar ain't even baritone tuned. Baritone tuning is usually B standard or drop A... No, this guitar ships tuned to C#. :lol:

And it's shipped tuned to C# with .14 - .68 strings. That's also insane. If you're gonna advertise it as a baritone and ship it with bridge support cable, tune it to like B or A or something.

I mean, it's not a fail or anything. I'd imagine these will sell well, but it's just weird.

TuffyKohler

sawdust generator
Reaction score
Funny that they didn't mention baritone for the Clint Lowery model, also a 25.5, tuned to C#/drop “B”[C# G# E B F# B].

No birds though. :yesway:

seclintlowery.jpg

The product page is gone from the PRS site, but there's still this up
http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/news/story/announcing_the_prs_se_clint_lowery_signature_model_electric_guitar

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
There is no way it actually has those strings at Drop C#. The tension on some of those strings would be approaching 50 pounds.

Meeotch

Reaction score
Would it be a mistake to buy one of these and swap out the strings for a 10-56 set? I prefer the 25.5" scale but also like to play in standard tuning. I wonder if the nut slots would be filed too wide from the factory for this setup?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
There is no way it actually has those strings at Drop C#. The tension on some of those strings would be approaching 50 pounds.

I've seen some crazy .... gauge-wise. Guy from Breaking Benjamin uses a 14 - 70 set in drop A# on a 28'' baritone. I mean, it sounds good, but that's ....ing overkill. :lol:

EDIT: I'm sorry. 16 - 72 strings. :lol:

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
I've seen some crazy .... gauge-wise. Guy from Breaking Benjamin uses a 14 - 70 set in drop A# on a 28'' baritone. I mean, it sounds good, but that's ....ing overkill. :lol:

EDIT: I'm sorry. 16 - 72 strings. :lol:

A# is a long way from C# in tension though. That said, for some songs in my bands set Im tuned CGCFAD with a 12-74 set at 27". But then I drop the 74 down to G1. Shipping those guitars with that much tension would be nuts though. Truss rods would have to be pretty tight just to handle the tension.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
It's just Drop-B guys, relax. :lol: Tremonti uses that tuning on his solo albums, so if you listen to his stuff that would have been clear. ;) PRS just writes it up that way on their site, not really sure why though.

I honestly think they need someone working for them who understands how literally this stuff is taken by folks online to avoid a new "online outrage" every few weeks from their press releases/site updates! :lol:

If they're reading this and looking for someone to proof their stuff part-time remotely... *raises hand* ;)

TuffyKohler

sawdust generator
Reaction score
So, yes, the nut slot on the Lowery model is cut for a large cable. If you wanted to put a standard gauge set of strings, you would want to put on a new nut or fill the slots.

I keep my Lowery because it's 25.5, and it has no birds. hate the birds.

cip 123

Reaction score
This mean the Dustie Waring Model is a Baritone? :lol:

He plays in C# with thinner strings!

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Online outrage means press, so I doubt they mind :lol:

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
That price is insane...I've tuned my SC245 to Ab with less heavy strings than the stock ones this comes with as well. So :ugh:

I've also seen Mark play in a lower tuning than C# without suspension cables for strings so I really don't understand this.

Wish they'd release the 7 string SC he's been playing instead but oh well

P-Ride

Reaction score
this seems quite excessive for a half an inch extension. IMO PRS needs to upgrade the factory so he can accommodate making 25.5" guitars and (hopefully but let's face it never) 7 strings. Mayones, Jackson, Strandberg, Daemoness, etc. show that their IS a market for high end seven strings. But going back to the Tremonti model, I hope they make his 'prototype' production because I'm totally in love with that guitar.

Is there a technical reason PRS don't make more 25.5" guitars?

Latest posts