New Marty Friedman

• Thread starter Bloody_Inferno
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

neurosis

Reaction score
@Bloody_Inferno love this guy and unsurprisingly loved this track. With the recent we-trolling I have to ask myself if he's serious about this album title, though :D

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
So much of how I play is influenced by him. I’ve always taken to heart his concept of making every single note matter regardless of how fast/slow you play them.

Also I saw him at a clinic forever ago and he played the same minor lick, but with increasing and different embellishments. Eventually it sounded like an exotic scale but it was still those same minor notes. Reminded me of that a lot around 5 min in and how he was attacking some of the lines.

Concerto412

Aeternae Sonus
Reaction score
Love the new track, and really looking forward to the album.
The phrasing and substitutions in the first half of the song feel so reminiscent of the early recordings of Marty and Jason. I can’t overstate how much I enjoyed that.

devastone

Reaction score
I saw him open for John 5 a couple weeks ago. I could have watched Marty for a few more hours, John's constant over the top playing got old pretty quick, he's amazing, it's just on 10 the whole time.

I love Scenes! I turned my gf on to it and it is in steady rotation at her house too.

Fabrice

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Marty Friedman is one of the few truly original guitarists.
His "Scenes" album is truly a masterpiece.