New Member and glad to be here

• Thread starter JustinRhoads1980
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
Hey guys my name is justin and I have been playing the guitar for a little over 3 years now and I enjoy it, but of course occasionally run into troubles on the guitar, but that is ok. I am a huge Jackson Guitar Fanatic and I love Schecters aswell.

I have many different musical influences that include Venom, Slayer, Megadeth, Ozzy Osbourne (Randy Rhoads era), Pink Floyd and so on. My main musical influence that got me playing the guitar was David Gilmour of Pink Floyd and my current influence that has kept me going is of course Randy Rhoads.

The guitars I currently own as of now are:

Fender 2016 Standard Strat (MIM) Olympic White (HIGHLY MODIFIED) :agreed:

Schecter 2017 Hellraiser Hybrid Transparent Black Burst with Floyd rose :deathm:

My Jackson 2003 Soloist in Transparent Violin Burst (Pretty much a blood red) :dime:

Well anyways that is just a little bit about me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EverDream

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Glad you are glad to be here! :)

You mentioned Venom, Slayer, Megadeth... but not Metallica... I'm just wondering what you think of Metallica, since they are very well known, and are one of my favorite bands (although mostly just the first 5 albums, lol)?

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Glad you are glad to be here! :)

You mentioned Venom, Slayer, Megadeth... but not Metallica... I'm just wondering what you think of Metallica, since they are very well known, and are one of my favorite bands (although mostly just the first 5 albums, lol)?

Hey man thanks for the response, I am glad to be here.

Personally on the Metallica thing I like some of their songs, but to me personally I don't find them to be a band that I am 'inspired' by. That's just me, of course others like them and find them to be influencing, but for me they just don't have a personal impact on me, not saying that they are bad, they just haven't inspired me as much as those other bands I listed.

I like One and Master Puppets, of course that is kind of their 'main' songs along with of course enter sandman so yeah I don't really listen to a lot of their other stuff.