New Mercuriall Ampbox VST suite

• Thread starter Emperoff
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
So Mercuriall finally listened and implemented a unified interface for their ampsims (which are pretty good). It is available for Spark, Reaxis, Euphoria, and U530 sims.

ampbox_ex2@0.5x.webp

I haven't tried it yet, but the lack of an interface like this (easily saving presets, sharing modules, etc) was the reason I stopped using them (because they sound great). So in case anyone is interested, they usually do 50% offs on Black Friday.

Now if they guys at NDSP also listened, that would be hella cool. Ahem, @Doug Castro, ahem...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I've never toyed with any of their stuff, but this does look really nice. I may have to finally take the dive.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I find it odd that a lot of amp sim companies moved away from hub plugins when that was one of the best things about pod farm, amplitube etc.

Having an all in one makes for a better user experience

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I find it odd that a lot of amp sim companies moved away from hub plugins when that was one of the best things about pod farm, amplitube etc.

Having an all in one makes for a better user experience

Indeed. I don't have a problem with companies selling amp/fx packs as separate packages but for fuck sake make an unified interface so we can COMBINE them (And no, being able to make FX chains in Reaper is not an excuse to poor implementation).

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The larger or more inclusive a plugin is, the harder it is to monetize. I do wish they'd figure how to do it tho because the value of all their plugins would go way up.

nickgray

Reaction score

But look at how Neural DSP milks their plugins, it's pretty much foolproof. Sure, they sound great, but there's also tons of marketing, fancy design, and a crazy price tag. I think the combined price of their plugins hovers around $1000-1500. Whereas if we look at Helix Native as an example, which has the exact same algos and effects as the hardware has, it costs $400, but it also goes on sale for like $300 or something occasionally. Still very pricey, but if they went with the Neural DSP model, they would've had thousands of dollars worth of plugins, they have far more amp models and a ridiculous number of effects.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
But look at how Neural DSP milks their plugins, it's pretty much foolproof. Sure, they sound great, but there's also tons of marketing, fancy design, and a crazy price tag. I think the combined price of their plugins hovers around $1000-1500. Whereas if we look at Helix Native as an example, which has the exact same algos and effects as the hardware has, it costs $400, but it also goes on sale for like $300 or something occasionally. Still very pricey, but if they went with the Neural DSP model, they would've had thousands of dollars worth of plugins, they have far more amp models and a ridiculous number of effects.

I can understand that selling small "suites" at 150€ is much more profitable for NDSP and in some way to the end user that wants a quality product but doesn't want to spend 400€ on something like Helix Native.

BUT not giving the user the option to combine such purchased plugins between themselves is silly and stupid (and of course a workflow killer). There is absolutely no excuse for this besides lazyness. You can still sell your plugins separately under an unified interface. Amplitube has been doing this for ages.

I decided to not give any money to companies doing this a long time ago, so the fact that Mercurialll is finally listening to their customers is definetely a good sign.

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Waiting for a good Pittbull or rarer amps that never get emulated like Diezel Herbert from them.

STL's purple nightmare suite also has a Herbert in it. I don't use it much but I'm sure it's a good sim.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
STL's purple nightmare suite also has a Herbert in it. I don't use it much but I'm sure it's a good sim.

I downloaded the trial just to see what it was like. I actually own a Herbert; I run it with Ch2+ boosted with a fuzz, and there was a preset in there that sounded EXACTLY the same. If for some reason I had to off my Diezel I’d grab that suite in a heartbeat.

Metafis

Pretty darn adequate
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Slava from Mercuriall here. Among other things I lurk on forums and listen to your feedback =)

Would love to hear your thoughts: what features/modules/quality of life improvements would you want to see in Ampbox? Thanks!

MrWulf

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Slava from Mercuriall here. Among other things I lurk on forums and listen to your feedback =)

Would love to hear your thoughts: what features/modules/quality of life improvements would you want to see in Ampbox? Thanks!

Would love to be able to put the pedal EQ anywhere in the chain, after the preamp or after the power amp

Last edited:

Metafis

Pretty darn adequate
Reaction score
Would love to be able to put the pedal EQ anywhere in the chain, after the preamp or after the power amp
Reordering modules is something we have discussed internally. Can't promise anything, but I personally would also love to change the order of things! =)

Metafis

Pretty darn adequate
Reaction score
DLed this a few minutes ago.....headed out the door but I wanted to tell @Metafis how much I liked the new activation system....I get why the old one had to be there but talk about a pain in the dick.

New one muuuuuuuuch better. Thanks Mercuriall!!!
Oh yeah. New system is so much simpler. I like it as well =)

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Dude please PLEASE get in touch with Black Arts Toneworks and do a Pharaoh fuzz to be added to the suites? This is seriously the only thing missing from your stuff.