New Metallica: Lux Æterna

• Thread starter Bloody_Inferno
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

manu80

Reaction score
Like it. Simple, kill'em all vibe in it. Glad to hear them again !

And I love st Anger too by the way, thank you ;)

SonicBlur

Reaction score
I fucking love the song. It was great to come back to work (where no one wants to be) only to find out there was a new Metallica song waiting. I'm excited to hear more.

Necky379

Reaction score
I keep hearing “Pretty Handsome Awkward” on the verses. I like the song, Kirk’s solo is cool, Lars’ drums sound good to me. Hetfield’s guitar tone is more modern sounding than I like. All based on my phone speaker. Interested in hearing the album.

Last edited:

ClownShoes

Reaction score
screenshot.png

thorgan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Man I'm sorry to say but songs need more than one riff, no bridge no breakdown nothing memorable during the verses, even the solo seems thrown on. Maybe I'm holding an unfair standard based on modern bands that have taken the mantle from prime era metallica and have really good composition, but this feels too compact; and I wonder if it's the latest in the trend of tailoring songs for modern distribution methods (tiktok/spotify especially).

putnut77

Reaction score
It's nice not to hear Kirk laying on that wah, even though Im pretty sure we've heard this solo in other metallica songs.

M.U.Y.A.

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This track is just post Newsted Metallica honestly. Metallica at their age remains great live, but the song writing has been stale for a while. This song sounds like the last 2 albums and those last 2 sound like it could have been one album honestly. Please just make a thrash album again Tallica. I think lars’ drumming could make the songs better though if he was good but it is what it is. No hate tho, I am a big fan but it’s just how I feel.

M.U.Y.A.

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Man I'm sorry to say but songs need more than one riff, no bridge no breakdown nothing memorable during the verses, even the solo seems thrown on. Maybe I'm holding an unfair standard based on modern bands that have taken the mantle from prime era metallica and have really good composition, but this feels too compact; and I wonder if it's the latest in the trend of tailoring songs for modern distribution methods (tiktok/spotify especially).
You’re not wrong though. Look at Megadeth. Same age writing thrash and modern style stuff til this day. Great songs come from Dave even in his 60’s.

pahulkster

Reaction score
Song is cool but not feeling the solo at all. Kirk still rips live but just doesn't write good leads anymore. He always elevated the songs for me too so it's just disappointing.

At least some of the tour is with Pantera so that should be interesting. I might spring for the two show package in Jersey. Friday and Sunday with completely different sets.

Anectine_Matt

Reaction score
Better than most of their output in however many years/albums but still doesn't do a lot for me overall. I'll give the album a listen when it comes out but my expectations are still pretty low.

neurosis

Reaction score
This track is just post Newsted Metallica honestly. Metallica at their age remains great live, but the song writing has been stale for a while. This song sounds like the last 2 albums and those last 2 sound like it could have been one album honestly. Please just make a thrash album again Tallica. I think lars’ drumming could make the songs better though if he was good but it is what it is. No hate tho, I am a big fan but it’s just how I feel.
on my playlist those albums have been shrunk to an EP. :)

Dooky

Reaction score
I think it sounds pre-Kill em All, almost pre-Metallica. It sounds heavily influenced by their early music heroes and influences. Kinda Garage Day's vibes. I like it.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Metallica is one of the worst bands I've ever seen live. they'd be #3, after Van Halen twice. Lars is a big part of the reason why, sounded like guy hadn't practiced in 20 years. Sloppy shuffling double kicks and by the end of Master of Puppets the entire band was out of sync by quite a bit

new song ain't bad though

M.U.Y.A.

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Cant
Metallica is one of the worst bands I've ever seen live. they'd be #3, after Van Halen twice. Lars is a big part of the reason why, sounded like guy hadn't practiced in 20 years. Sloppy shuffling double kicks and by the end of Master of Puppets the entire band was out of sync by quite a bit

new song ain't bad though
Can't really argue with that. Drums is one of the most important parts live. Drums can make riffs stand out.

Latest posts