New Motley Crue single Dogs Of War with weird AI generated looking video

• Thread starter Louis Cypher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
So...John 5 continues his streak of being the worst guitarist in a band's lineup history..3 bands in a row now.

They pulled every goddamn trick in the book to try to make Vince sound good and it's painfully obvious.

They really tried it with this video...which was the only way they could make Vince NOT look like Oswald Cobblepot.

But the fans will like it...because they're stupid.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
So...John 5 continues his streak of being the worst guitarist in a band's lineup history..3 bands in a row now.

Like I know people love J5 because he's a killer player and a super nice guy. He's a great session musician....

...but actually writing for bands? Dude isn't good. His rock and metal songwriting chops blow. I feel bad for anyone that legit thought that J5 was a good replacement for Mick lmao

Mick def showing with his album where the real talent was in the Crue all these years
I talk shit about mid-late 80s Crue a lot, but late 90s Crue is SO much worse. And that's specifically because Mick had either little or no part with those albums

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Sounded fine to me. Boring in my opinion, but fine. I'm not really their trademark audience so I don't really feel anything about it. Old Crue has a lot of hits I still enjoy, and a lot to live up to in that respect.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Like I know people love J5 because he's a killer player and a super nice guy. He's a great session musician....

...but actually writing for bands? Dude isn't good. His rock and metal songwriting chops blow. I feel bad for anyone that legit thought that J5 was a good replacement for Mick lmao

I've never thought John was anything other than average to poor as a songwriter, def an incredible guitarist and his session work is great but his time with Manson and Zombie as a songwriter should have been a clue as to how poor he would be within Motley as a collaborator. TBH I was surprised Sixx didn't just get DJ Ashba in as he worked so much with him on Sixx:AM and on the last couple of Motley albums like Saints of LA. Least he would have been a better fit both playing and song wise

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I've never thought John was anything other than average to poor as a songwriter, def an incredible guitarist and his session work is great but his time with Manson and Zombie as a songwriter should have been a clue as to how poor he would be within Motley as a collaborator. TBH I was surprised Sixx didn't just get DJ Ashba in as he worked so much with him on Sixx:AM and on the last couple of Motley albums like Saints of LA. Least he would have been a better fit both playing and song wise
...y'know I am kinda surprised by that. I guess he did ask but was turned down. Honestly he would have been a better fit. Crue doesn't really need a super shreddy guitarist

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
his session work is great but his time with Manson and Zombie as a songwriter should have been a clue as to how poor he would be within Motley as a collaborator.
It honestly sounds like a b side from either artist.

(B side might be too generous, given this song is not very good)

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
Mick was a great guitarist and theyre definitely gonna miss him in that aspect. Also, I never heard whether not Mick won his lawsuit, anyone know?

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
About what I expected.

I dig John5 enough to go to his shows, but I don’t any of his music and wouldn’t ever think “Man, I wanna hear some John5 tunes right now”, I have no problems with the guy, but he might b one of the more known guitar players out there that doesn’t have a single badass riff to his name.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Watched this the other day...not too crazy about the song but the video was kinda interesting.