New Nolly Signature with Manson Guitar Works

Empryrean

angery gear acquirer
Reaction score
is there any particular reason for the bevel besides the outlined shape it makes? I think personally I'd want to smooth the bevel down to an arch or something..

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
TOM bridges are epic. The best bridge for riffs IMO.

Just hope this small builder is going to handle the business side of things well. I heard of them before and I know they have a good reputation. But these sorts of timely, trendy endorsements don’t always turn out well. Could be a huge surge in orders, followed by waitlists, queues, cold feet, people wanting refunds, disappointment blah blah. We’ve seen it happen plenty of times before. I hope they’re ready and able to produce what they need to produce.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Some interesting choices like the tonepros bridge and block bolt-on heel like older Ibanez.

Looks like a mix of the Duality horns and the body of a Schecter KM7 mk2(or what that was based on). Hard to tell though.
I'm getting Kiesel Aries vibes from the looks based on the bevel.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
is there any particular reason for the bevel besides the outlined shape it makes? I think personally I'd want to smooth the bevel down to an arch or something..
Likely ergonomics. Having a bevel like that will make the guitar comfortable to play regardless of position

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Likely ergonomics. Having a bevel like that will make the guitar comfortable to play regardless of position
No I think he means why is there a clear demarcation where the bevel ends agains the rest of the body. They could sand that area down and just further blend it into the rest of the body, hiding that line.

My guess is people are doing it just because it’s a popular look now.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
No I think he means why is there a clear demarcation where the bevel ends agains the rest of the body. They could sand that area down and just further blend it into the rest of the body, hiding that line.

My guess is people are doing it just because it’s a popular look now.
Possibly so. Though the only other guitar I can think of on the market with a bevel to this extent is the Aries.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
TOM bridges are epic. The best bridge for riffs IMO.

Just hope this small builder is going to handle the business side of things well. I heard of them before and I know they have a good reputation. But these sorts of timely, trendy endorsements don’t always turn out well. Could be a huge surge in orders, followed by waitlists, queues, cold feet, people wanting refunds, disappointment blah blah. We’ve seen it happen plenty of times before. I hope they’re ready and able to produce what they need to produce.

If they could manage the Matt Bellamy sigs, I am sure they can manage a Nolly sig.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
If they could manage the Matt Bellamy sigs, I am sure they can manage a Nolly sig.

Honestly, I reckon Nolly shifts a hell of a lot more products than the guy from Muse

Most Muse fans are regular people who couldn't care less about guitars. I'd wager than a MUCH higher % of Nolly fans are guitar players. (AKA the djent programmer stereotype, haha)

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Honestly, I reckon Nolly shifts a hell of a lot more products than the guy from Muse

Most Muse fans are regular people who couldn't care less about guitars. I'd wager than a MUCH higher % of Nolly fans are guitar players. (AKA the djent programmer stereotype, haha)

I think there are a lot more Muse fans that play guitar than Red Seas Fire fans in total. Nolly sells a lot of basses and is known for being an amazing producer, but what is he truly famous for guitar-wise? Muse is HUGE.

Either way, the man knows what makes a great guitar. You only need to look at his collection (Viks aside) and the success of his bass to see that these will do well. I'm hyped.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
. I'd wager than a MUCH higher % of Nolly fans are guitar players. (AKA the djent programmer stereotype, haha)

This is probably true. As a scale percentage of their fanbase, I am sure that Nolly fans are much more likely to play an instrument than Bellamy. But Bellamy fans must outnumber Nolly fans on a scale of 100/1 if not more.

Look at prices for a second hand deep impact pedal. Back when Muse were more of a guitar driven band their sound was a huge influence on many young guitar players.

I think there are a lot more Muse fans that play guitar than Red Seas Fire fans in total. Nolly sells a lot of basses and is known for being an amazing producer, but what is he truly famous for guitar-wise? Muse is HUGE.

A think that the fact that he designed a bass which featured in demand specs and isn't really an obvious signature model helped a lot with this. I am fairly indifferent to Nolly as a bass player, however when I bought my original run NG-2 it was really the only bass you could get with the features I wanted without forking over custom guitar prices. Nolly name aside they are simply great basses!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
While Nolly has a more dedicated guitar fanbase, sure, Muse is a massive, massive band. Not to mention that Manson sells a variety of different MB models IIRC. If Manson can keep up with the MB models, they can keep up with the Nolly sig.

Plus if demand is high enough, they'll just get Cort to ghost-build a budget model like they did with the MB sig.

FitRocker33

My tone is tighter than my hamstrings
Reaction score
I dig some things about this guitar….
What annoys the living hell out of me is yet again we have another matte flat black paint job FFS.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
Yeah, fair points everybody. Guess I'm always sceptical when the Periphery boys throw their weight into yet another endorsement. The list of products they sponsor is massive, and while the quality is generally good there have definitely been some fails along the way. And we've certainly seen a lot of small builders in the past go through the cycle I mentioned earlier.

It definitely looks like a cool guitar from the teasers. I'll wait for the inevitable simultaneous arrival of YouTube videos from Nolly, Periphery, Ola, Fluff, Keyan etc and a few more niche djentsters, and then I'll be told how I should feel about it through 10:01 long reaction videos from Stay Metal Ray, Nik Nocturnal etc. :agreed:

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score
Manson's is my local guitar store...
Which means it's where I'll be taking my precious Ibby's if I ever need a re-fret or anything else I can't do myself. They're a BKP & Ibanez Prestige dealer, in addition to making their own guitars.

If anyone is interested:
Muse started out playing gigs at a small venue about 0.5 miles from the Manson's store, back in the '90s.

0_CaptureJPG.jpg

0_muse-cavern.jpg

Glamorous beginnings... :lol:

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score
Has anyone here tried a Manson's guitar? I haven't, as the MB-1 is in many ways the opposite of what I look for in a guitar (e.g. fat V-shaped neck vs. Super Wizard neck).

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Full admission, I will have "Madness" and its guitar solo stuck in my head frequently.

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score
Full admission, I will have "Madness" and its guitar solo stuck in my head frequently.
I listened to them a lot when I was a teenager, but lost interest when they became less guitar-oriented. I listened to their fifth album once and it really wasn't for me, so I've ignored everything that followed.