New Recording Rig Day

• Thread starter jmeezle
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jmeezle

Reaction score
57414096_2213342308995956_6333132915236405248_n.jpg

I just upgraded my 10 year old setup (Presonus Firestudio Project interface & KRK Rokit 5 monitors) to the Presonus Quantum 2 and these JBL 308p MKII monitors. These big ass monitors and my KRK sub sound pretty good together, I wasn't sure how it would sound because of the 8" woofer. The IsoAcoustics monitor stands were thrown in when I bought them so that was nice. I can definitely tell a difference in clarity when I go DI compared to my old Presonus interface. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone looking to upgrade interfaces and has Thunderbolt capability.

A test clip:
https://soundcloud.com/jm2484/4-9-19-test-mix

Catalyst Collide

Reaction score
I was just looking at those quantum's earlier today because I eventually want upgrade my interface. I'm assuming you use studio one? Any extra benefit from using studio one with a presonus interface (versus say logic with a quantum)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jmeezle

Reaction score
I was just looking at those quantum's earlier today because I eventually want upgrade my interface. I'm assuming you use studio one? Any extra benefit from using studio one with a presonus interface (versus say logic with a quantum)?

I use Logic and it works perfectly. I’ve never had an issue with Logic and Presonus hardware working together so I’m sure you’ll be fine!

Catalyst Collide

Reaction score
I use Logic and it works perfectly. I’ve never had an issue with Logic and Presonus hardware working together so I’m sure you’ll be fine!
Yeah, I didn't think it would have any issue with logic, I'm just wondering if there are any benefits from using a full presonus setup. Like if Studio One gives extra features to a presonus interface (additional control / speed / features) that you wouldn't get with a different interface or DAW. I've been considering also changing my DAW which is part of the reason I'm curious.