New Rings of Saturn

• Thread starter spawnofthesith
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SilentSeraph

Reaction score
Eh. Drums sound horrible and overproduced, kind of 'plasticy' and I'm not sure if I heard a single actual riff, or anything interesting really. Blast beats and double pedal all the time+chugging=wanking and twiddling= very boring music.
The bit at 3:20 onwards was pretty good though.

I admire the musicianship, better than what I could do, but I can't help but feel those talents are being squandered.

SD83

Reaction score
I'm suprised I actually like parts of it. Too many parts which are, to my ears, in absolutly no way connected, especially in the beginning, but from about 1:15 on, I liked it :D

Nats

Reaction score
Sounds like someone fell asleep on their computer keyboard when they had guitar pro's piano roll open.

stevexc

Reaction score
Can't say I'm a fan. It still sounds like a midi file that was reamped. Now, I'm not accusing them of actually doing that, but that's what it ends up sounding like and I am not a fan of it.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
How on earth did this shit ever find an audience? It is technically music.. but jesus christ. How long has this metal-as-a-competitive-sport stuff been going on

rokket2005

Reaction score
How on earth did this shit ever find an audience? It is technically music.. but jesus christ. How long has this metal-as-a-competitive-sport stuff been going on
Since everyone and their uncle started making "Progressive" Music.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Sounds like someone fell asleep on their computer keyboard when they had guitar pro's piano roll open.

:lol:

In regards to OP:

53530212.jpg

MrPepperoniNipples

Reaction score
I just want to hear Rusty Cooley's solo

I think it's fitting that he'd do one, since back in the day he was doing all the crazy fast 'nonsense' licks without the studio magic.

Forrest_H

How can she slap?
Reaction score
I remember listening to this band at the age of 15 to scare my parents.

I don't like this band :lol:

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I like this waaaay better than Dingir. It combines all of the best elements from Embryonic Anomaly and Dingir. Also glad to see Joel doing most of the leads, I think he's a significantly better player than Lucas, and his leads are way more tasteful in my opinion.

mikah912

Reaction score
Sounds like chiptunes with a lot of editing.

I saw them opening up on Summer Slaughter last year, and really couldn't make too many individual parts or riffs.

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
I'm sorry but can these guys just be wiped out of my mind and the history books of humanity? There's nothing redeeming about any of this music.

Latest posts