New Schecter Models Megathread

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
15977626_1238904066200104_5819408628113520242_n.jpg
Stop the presses!

Is that what I think it is? It's an actual Tele-style ashtray bridge that accommodates a humbucker! I've been looking all over for a bridge like that! Everything that I have been able to find up until this point has only been Tele-style plate bridges; and it seems like Wirebird is the only company that offers such an ashtray bridge because Sam designed and made the bridge for his Wirebird builds himself.

This is a nice USA Production PT Custom. I dig it! But I need to know if I can get my hands on one of those bridges.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tian

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea when the NAMM stuff usually hits store shelves? Trying to get my hands on one of those Sun Valley superstrats.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
^ I don't think there's a general rule, it depends on model/demand/supply. In past years, as far as I can recall, availability of new stuff were anything between right after NAMM to maybe mid-summer. On average, probably by March/April.

prlgmnr

...that kind of idea
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea when the NAMM stuff usually hits store shelves? Trying to get my hands on one of those Sun Valley superstrats.

Gear4music have estimated delivery down as 25th March, but I can't tell you whether that is "estimated" or "completely made up".

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
^What are Schecter tuning to? All the recent guitars have their intonation set like that which can't be right for standard. The 2nd and 6th strings would be sharp.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
Just got an email about preordering Schecter's 2017 models and I feel like their UK prices are going to kill off sales the Sun Valley is a good price (£699.99) but I'm shocked by the Banshee extreme because it's nearly as much as the previous Banshee....you know the one with EMG's/Duncans locking tuners and a hipshot bridge.

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/schecter-electric-guitars

NeglectedField

Reaction score
Just got an email about preordering Schecter's 2017 models and I feel like their UK prices are going to kill off sales the Sun Valley is a good price (£699.99) but I'm shocked by the Banshee extreme because it's nearly as much as the previous Banshee....you know the one with EMG's/Duncans locking tuners and a hipshot bridge.

I kind of expected it to be around that to be honest, bearing in mind the current state of the markets and rising prices in general. The C-1 Stealth was £449-ish, but then at least that one was South Korean :\

Another thing that's a bit stupid, is look at GAK's photo of the Banshee 6 Extreme hardtail. Looks like someone's ....ed with the photo and repositioned the neck pickup. What gives?

cip 123

Reaction score

A lot of prices are going to rise for everything in the UK. Brexit like it or not has killed exchange rates, and while its not even happened yet prices are rising in anticipation i believe as well. Look at Chapman guitars their indo guitars have less specs than previous ranges and they will be the same price as the previous korean models (Probably)