New Schecter Models Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DeathCubeK

Reaction score
This may be an unpopular opinion around these parts, but I can't get over the fact that Schecter won't drop the damn 14" fretboard radius. Why not do a compound 10-14"? These guitars are obviously styled towards those who play traditional Fender / G&L, etc.

I mean, shit, they look amazing. I just wish the fretboard was more round.

They're for people who want a traditional-looking instrument with more modern playability.

Zado

Reaction score
This may be an unpopular opinion around these parts, but I can't get over the fact that Schecter won't drop the damn 14" fretboard radius. Why not do a compound 10-14"? These guitars are obviously styled towards those who play traditional Fender / G&L, etc.

I mean, shit, they look amazing. I just wish the fretboard was more round.

100% agree with this. But, ya know, seeing they are somehow balancing themself between uberdj0ntbr00tal guitars and classic/rock oriented designs is sort of enough for me.

BTW Darrell "killingwithsmile" Braun reviewed the PT VN

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Yep. That’s at least 40% of their catalog.
To their credit, Schecter's offerings went from gaudy to some gaudy, but so wide that they have some of the best "off the rack" options for production models. They're still not the first company I look at, but I find myself equally wanting a classy as fuck Sun Valley Shredder and a Balzac sig. They got the spectrum well, with a bunch of weird Gibson and Cure-inspired Gretsch spins in the middle, and some tacky nu-metally stuff still too.

Marked Man

Reaction score
MrEaHTN.jpg

jyCFgyl.jpg

Here's my 2nd Gen Loomis.

I was initially turned on to the idea solely by hearing Loomis shred like a raped ape in Nevermore and the cool visual impact, but I soon discovered the merits of 26.5" for 7-strings, which I consider perfect, along with the EMG pickups for max hi-gain clarity. Factory SS frets were a huge bonus! I also like that it has set neck construction. Loomis basically covers all the bases I would have if someone had offered to make a sig model for me....

It is easy to understand how this is a couple of generations more advanced than the original Universe guitars, although I still love those.

Masoo2

Reaction score
Surprised me to see Poppy's guitarist using one of the Banshee Machs live at the Grammys, specifically the 7 string model with Sustainiac

xzacx

Reaction score
It still is a shame they never released a non-sig model after he left. It still seemed very popular.

Shit, give a sig to Ernie C from Body Count. His guitar is basically a heavily modded JL6. Dude's a Grammy winner now. Give him prestige. :lol:
maxresdefault.jpg

i don’t know if I’ve ever liked a Schecter aesthetically, but I would buy an Ernie C signature regardless of what it looked like/specs just because it was an Ernie C (although I think the one he usually plays is actually pretty cool).

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
Custom shop run of Nick Johnston PT- WANT

goet2kavype8gjzdnhrb.jpg

That looks unbelievably tasty.

However, I'm super glad I didn't like the playability of the strat at all, which kills my buying wants. It's the only guitar ever that sounded too icepicky because of the stainless steel frets. Just didn't gel with the very, very trebly sound at all. I'm assuming this will sound the same, and thus will be a skip :D

Zado

Reaction score
That looks unbelievably tasty.

However, I'm super glad I didn't like the playability of the strat at all, which kills my buying wants. It's the only guitar ever that sounded too icepicky because of the stainless steel frets. Just didn't gel with the very, very trebly sound at all. I'm assuming this will sound the same, and thus will be a skip :D
Nah this is a Tele, far thicker, rawer, more pissed.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
... wondering if there will be an import version of that Johnston PT.....
HEY SCHECTER IF YOU ARE READING DO IT ALREADY!!!