New Schecter Models Megathread

Zado

Reaction score
They can. And, just to exceed expectations, they will put abalone purfling on the body, Roman numberals for fret markers, and release it in a black Cherry finish.
Eh sorta. Roman numbers don't bother me that much, but yeah, Schecter really lacks some models looking clean and simple, and that's why you hardly see the brand on stage with pros. I mean if you want a metal looking guitar by Schecter you gotta go with the blackjack series and not much more. Cause yeah the Evil Twin is metal AF, if cover those inlays, which is something not everyone cares to do.
Sometimes it's like they make guitars specifically designed to GAS beginners who get easily impressed by flashy colors, weird finishes, funky inlays and stuff like that, that scream "pricey guitar"when you're inexperienced, and "fine bang for buck backup guitars" when you're a lil more knowledgeable.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sym30l1c

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just logged back in here for the first time in a while to say the price of new Schecters, here in Europe at least, is out of control. Almost €2,000 for a Solo II Supreme? Gtfo. €1,800 for the SLS C-1 Elite? My god.

It's insane. I was looking into buying a KM-7 from Thomann last year. Price was around £1500/£1600 and it's now £2099.

Zado

Reaction score
With the € value lowering that much and global crisis, it had to be expected. Solution: buy used.

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
Just logged back in here for the first time in a while to say the price of new Schecters, here in Europe at least, is out of control. Almost €2,000 for a Solo II Supreme? Gtfo. €1,800 for the SLS C-1 Elite? My god.
It's actually ridiculous! The Banshee Mach-7 FR S I'm currently waiting for have gone up €330 in the months since I ordered it, so now that is a €2000+ guitar. I will get it for €1750 if it ever arrives.

Also, it's starting to look like delivery will be postponed again... to cancel or not to cancel... that is the question? :shrug:

trem licking

Reaction score
They can. And, just to exceed expectations, they will put abalone purfling on the body, Roman numberals for fret markers, and release it in a black Cherry finish.
That black cherry is quite awful and overused. Makes a quilt top look flat/not 3d and is the worst kind of red

Wiltonauer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Eh sorta. Roman numbers don't bother me that much, but yeah, Schecter really lacks some models looking clean and simple, and that's why you hardly see the brand on stage with pros. I mean if you want a metal looking guitar by Schecter you gotta go with the blackjack series and not much more. Cause yeah the Evil Twin is metal AF, if cover those inlays, which is something not everyone cares to do.
Sometimes it's like they make guitars specifically designed to GAS beginners who get easily impressed by flashy colors, weird finishes, funky inlays and stuff like that, that scream "pricey guitar"when you're inexperienced, and "fine bang for buck backup guitars" when you're a lil more knowledgeable.
I’m sure they aggressively cater to that market, though the “amazing bang for the buck, looks way more expensive than it is” look is changing, and Schecter knows it. They are still making the 2008 looking stuff, I imagine, because it is still selling. I got one like that for my first Schecter, just to get it out of my system. It’s a silly looking guitar, and there’s no apologizing for it. I don’t expect to see pros playing guitars like that, and I don’t need the validation. 🤣

The pendulum is swinging. Look forward to ten or fifteen years of poplar burl purple burst with roasted birdseye headless necks and Fishman Fluence Moderns as far as the eye can see.

Zado

Reaction score
Yeah, you know how Europe's used market is.

New is 2000€

4 years old used "mint like new" is 1800€

Yeah... Buy used in Europe...
Depends on the country, here in italy you can find decent deals from time to time.

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
Yeah I checked the new Schecter prices today with some friends, and saw a KM for £2k, I said oh thats the USA one right...right?! and it wasn't

Zado

Reaction score
That looks totally like my Trad.

And btw we are ignoring how cool that S-II looks

Zado

Reaction score
HC_SC_Jubimodell_Detail_03_800x600.jpg

HC_SC_Jubimodell_Detail_01_800x600.jpg

HC_SC_Jubimodell_Detail_05_800x600.jpg

216945_1_3962883796.jpg

You guys wanted a new Tempest.