New Schecter Models Megathread

AgileButt

Reaction score
View attachment 119967
This popped up as a new KM - supposed Baritone scale length.
It's not a KM, nor is it a baritone. It's just a 1 of 1 Prototype, and it's closest relative is the now discontinued C-1 Black Ops. Not sure if it was an original draft for the Black Ops, or possibly hinting at a reskin for later in 2023 tbh, but I wouldn't read too much into it yet.

Sources: This is actually my guitar lol.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
It’s been a while since I’ve played a straight 27” seven rather than eight string. Does the extra 0.5” in make that big a difference for you? I’m in the same predicament where I want the Tao, but my only sevens right now are a 26.5” and 27-25.5” fan.

Aside from the new runs of USAs that DCGL has been getting has there been any “official” word? I would love to see something different from the burl tops outside of the custom shop. (Bring on the quilt and flame tops, Schecter!)

I would kill for the Tao to share the MkIII headstock as I hate the one on there now.

I know it does for me and that's why I'm pretty stoked about it.

I wish I had enough faith to order one of the first ones but after the debacle with the first MK-3 series, no. lmao
If I get one, it's gonna be 6 months past the first In Stock alerts.

Zado

Reaction score

I wish I had enough faith to order one of the first ones but after the debacle with the first MK-3 series, no. lmao

Yup, as I've seen people's having issues with the first batch of AM models too.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score

That's a really fair point :lol:
the last KM7 MkIII I had was from 2018 and was remarkable aside from some tool marks past the 24th fret on the treble side. But I have no clue if that was from the first batch or later on in the year after reports of the QC issues.

Zado

Reaction score
OK this looks quite beautiful

327296890_514234783935698_6002159935697750102_n.jpg

327575751_883922032736793_2022698688484180054_n.jpg

327611874_567805125230296_7246235541860607483_n.jpg

Not a fan of the silver logo, but eh

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
I want the white Reaper Custom aesthetic on the S-II.

Really wish the S-II was a hit. I didn’t discover them until it was too late, and the only ones I see anymore are the Omen series and the occasional leftover Platinum series.

HylianN

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I never purchased one of these but what was wrong with the first run of those?

I'm pretty happy with my Ibanez Prestige 7 right now and would be looking into the 6 Tao to get as a new 6 string main. I'm just waiting on them to show up on sweetwater so I can purchase + PLEK in one go.

Last edited:

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I never purchased one of these but what was wrong with the first run of those?

I'm pretty happy with my Ibanez Prestige 7 right now and would be looking into the 6 Tao to get as a new 6 string main. I'm just waiting on them to show up on sweetwater so I can purchase + PLEK in one go.
Go check the Schecter Keith Merrow sig thread. Jump back a bunch of pages until 2018ish and you can read all about it.

Zado

Reaction score
We've been over this Schecter. First all the abalone, and now we're finally rid of that all you pull shit like this. See me after class.
Eh man it's our fault, we didn't care enough when they had the C1 standard, the plus, the elite and all the stripped down stuff, and now we have this. Who would have thought? Schecter is such a weird brand... Some of their imports look almost like custom shop stuff, some others (most sadly) are closer to something you'd hardly get over a low end Cort...90% cool, fantastic specks, unlimited potential ....but then they gotta pull out of the hat bat inlays, Roman numbers, funky finishes, burled tops... Damn, when did the world decide that simpler stuff was too boring?

Reaction score
Eh man it's our fault, we didn't care enough when they had the C1 standard, the plus, the elite and all the stripped down stuff, and now we have this. Who would have thought? Schecter is such a weird brand... Some of their imports look almost like custom shop stuff, some others (most sadly) are closer to something you'd hardly get over a low end Cort...90% cool, fantastic specks, unlimited potential ....but then they gotta pull out of the hat bat inlays, Roman numbers, funky finishes, burled tops... Damn, when did the world decide that simpler stuff was too boring?
Never thought I'd live to see the day that I'd be asking Schecter for more black guitars.

Zado

Reaction score
It could be definitely better, but still it's not the worse thing we've ever seen from them tho
Juan%20of%20the%20Dead%20V-1.Black%20Reign.13.jpg

Problem is I don't like it enough to spend the kind of money they'll be asking . Considering the top import KM7 MKIII is about 2.4 k euro here in Europe now, I'm quite sure this will reach 1.7k with those specs (SS frets, compound radius, artist royalties etc) which is far too much for that. Damn, how is it so difficult making a V-1 with plain stupid look and specs and ask under a grand for one? I'd get it asap.
But no, is it's not flashy AF then it's no looking cool right?