New Schecter Models Megathread

yan12

Reaction score
I agree some of the appointments are crazy. But considering the blandness of other brands, it balances out.

I give Schecter a ton of credit for at least trying new things. Totally agree some are hideous, but at least they have the guts to try. Their intel is the problem, whoever comes up with these zaney ideas needs a sit down about business 101.

But I also tend to deal with USA stuff only and find their used USA guitars to be a steal on the secondary market. Schecter USA custom shop is so backed up they are turning into ESP Japan which is quoting me 27 months on a build. Schecter USA must be pushing 18 months. At the same time, it's always who you know.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asopala

Reaction score
I agree some of the appointments are crazy. But considering the blandness of other brands, it balances out.

I give Schecter a ton of credit for at least trying new things. Totally agree some are hideous, but at least they have the guts to try. Their intel is the problem, whoever comes up with these zaney ideas needs a sit down about business 101.

But I also tend to deal with USA stuff only and find their used USA guitars to be a steal on the secondary market. Schecter USA custom shop is so backed up they are turning into ESP Japan which is quoting me 27 months on a build. Schecter USA must be pushing 18 months. At the same time, it's always who you know.
If you think Schecter's ideas are crazy, don't go to ESP's Japanese website, and DEFINITELY don't look at the artist signature models. Schecter is basically as tame as Fender by comparison.

jco5055

Reaction score
If you think Schecter's ideas are crazy, don't go to ESP's Japanese website, and DEFINITELY don't look at the artist signature models. Schecter is basically as tame as Fender by comparison.
I have a Facebook friend from hanging around the same ESP and other guitar groups, and he claims COMBAT guitars are the "when even ESP won't build it go to them", and I think he means in terms of general craziness and not copyright/nazi symbol reasons.Which is news to me as I kinda assume you have the $$$ ESP can build it.

jco5055

Reaction score
Also, Zado or anyone who knows what’s what, I’ve heard schecter Japan is run by an ex-Tom Anderson employee, but does a anyone know if the order-made is either

1) the same as Masterworks (only possibly guessing since Masterworks is only the two guys who are from Japan originally, so they could communicate with Japanese customers etc) and/or

2) is built the exact same way as the Japan stock models, just you can pick choices instead of pre-set specs a la ESP original vs custom shop?

I tried to use their contact form but it seems like it won’t go through for some reason

Zado

Reaction score
Also, Zado or anyone who knows what’s what, I’ve heard schecter Japan is run by an ex-Tom Anderson employee, but does a anyone know if the order-made is either

1) the same as Masterworks (only possibly guessing since Masterworks is only the two guys who are from Japan originally, so they could communicate with Japanese customers etc) and/or

2) is built the exact same way as the Japan stock models, just you can pick choices instead of pre-set specs a la ESP original vs custom shop?

I tried to use their contact form but it seems like it won’t go through for some reason

Iirc Tom Anderson had some business in Japan (for ESP I presume) which ended up in some improvements for the Schecter Japan models (super rock II pickups are his design apparently, though they dont sound as good as MKIs). Not sure if former TA employees are working there tho, wouldn't say it's most likely.

Schecter Masterwork has nothing in common with Schecter Japan, it's a very limited kind of thing and will make basically anything you want (as long as not immoral I guess). It's pricey, like very pricey, but you can decide every single aspect, from wood to the guitar shape itself.

Schecter email contact has always been a pain

asopala

Reaction score
I have a Facebook friend from hanging around the same ESP and other guitar groups, and he claims COMBAT guitars are the "when even ESP won't build it go to them", and I think he means in terms of general craziness and not copyright/nazi symbol reasons.Which is news to me as I kinda assume you have the $$$ ESP can build it.
I just looked them up, and the craziest thing I'm seeing is 33 fret guitars and the like. Compared to Toshihiko Takamizawa's signature models from ESP, not even in the same ballpark of crazy. That guy's guitars rival Prince's Schecters in terms of crazy.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Also I just realized that Cesar Soto (AKA the guy that used to have the best looking Schecter sig) isn't with them anymore. He's a Jackson guy now. He's got a bunch of Rhoads and a KV.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
At least currently, there are sorta two tiers of Schecter Japan, and no one seems to know where either is made. To compare to ESP: the normal Japanese Schecters (with a decal logo) seem priced around something like an Edwards (and similarly use laminated tops and no-name frets). The EX types (with the metal logo) are priced sorta like an Original series with thicker figured maple and Jescar frets.

Zado

Reaction score
Also I just realized that Cesar Soto (AKA the guy that used to have the best looking Schecter sig) isn't with them anymore. He's a Jackson guy now. He's got a bunch of Rhoads and a KV.

"Mr Soto, your signature guitar isn't selling very well"
"Mr Schecter you could, you know, make a post or two on FB or IG from time to time, like one every 20-30 A7X related posts. We have an endorsement deal after all"
"We had"

Zado

Reaction score
434050817_18426548569023623_2049523497173660836_n.jpg

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

til that Schecter brought back the trans white satin finish, but seems like it's only for the C1 Platinum

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score

til that Schecter brought back the trans white satin finish, but seems like it's only for the C1 Platinum
Fingerboard looks dry af