New Schecter Models Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Hot take: fishman + Evertune combo is more offensive than gaudy inlay work

That certainly is a hot, incorrect, take; inlays are far more offensive due to the real estate on the guitar they take up. Fishman is easily swapped for another active, and no one besides the person using it should care about the Evertune.

But gaudy/trash inlays? All along my precious fingerboard? Never!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
That certainly is a hot, incorrect, take; inlays are far more offensive due to the real estate on the guitar they take up. Fishman is easily swapped for another active, and no one besides the person using it should care about the Evertune.

Evertunes are ugly as shit, a bitch to change tuning on like a Floyd Rose without the benefit of what a Floyd Rose gives you, and adds unnecessary $$$$ to the guitar

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Evertunes are ugly as shit, a bitch to change tuning on like a Floyd Rose without the benefit of what a Floyd Rose gives you, and adds unnecessary $$$$ to the guitar

Looks are subjective, but could be argued that the Evertune is no larger than a Floyd, and look better due to the cover rather than the exposed guts of the Floyd.

Also saying "without the benefit of what the Floyd gives you" may be applicable to you, but the Floyd comes without the benefit that the Evertune gives you!

That said, I'm not sure I'd have two guitars with Evertunes, but I would have two guitars with Floyds.

I can totally agree with the frustration of seeing a guitar with a pickup and bridge you don't want making it $300 more than it would have been though.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I hate the Kramer/Suhr/Anderson/Schecter headstock. They are all nice guitars that need to hire a designer to fix the headstock situation. Tyler, SAITO, and Freedom are some example of very non-Fender headstocks that IMHO look cool and distinctive

Moongrum

Reaction score
If their benefits advertised are true, I think they make perfect sense for a touring/recording musician. But for me, who is playing in front of his computer just dinking around, completely overkill and I have no desire to have something so engineered in my guitar

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score

Evertune is like someone said “nobody can ever design a bridge as ugly as a bigsby” and someone said “hold my beer.”

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
View attachment 143791

I actually like this. I think. If this is even what is being referenced above.
Yup. That's a Tyler.

SAITO:
Red-Line-Logo-scaled.jpg

Freedom:
10-ds08020436_8.jpg

IMHO these are pretty cool examples of something more daring/interesting than the limp noodle thing from Kramer/Suhr/Anderson/Schecter.

vark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yup. That's a Tyler.

SAITO:
Red-Line-Logo-scaled.jpg

Freedom:
10-ds08020436_8.jpg

IMHO these are pretty cool examples of something more daring/interesting than the limp noodle thing from Kramer/Suhr/Anderson/Schecter.
Love the first one, second one is kind of ugly(in a cool way) but I think it’s growing on me

Willtato

Reaction score
I think it's because I'm so used to looking at typical superstrats that I feel much more comfortable with the "limp noodle" style headstocks. I absolutely love the JT headstocks, but generally, I see a superstrats, whether they have fancy figured tops or not, a modern iteration of a classic design, therefore I somewhat look at the brands offerings with pretty much the industry standard drop-top and a unique headstock with my had angled a bit.

I don't think it's a bad thing, but feel rather that if you go through all the effort to create a good looking unique headstock, it's somewhat held back by the body shape. JT have the funny shaped pickguards so that offsets it a bit for the most part.

That said, as long as a headstock is not symmetrical, or a reversed traditional fender style (or this Combat Guitars sig), then I'm sure most designs will grow on me given some time.

All my opinion however, and I'm sure some will disagree with me.

1716236503473.png

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I think it's because I'm so used to looking at typical superstrats that I feel much more comfortable with the "limp noodle" style headstocks. I absolutely love the JT headstocks, but generally, I see a superstrats, whether they have fancy figured tops or not, a modern iteration of a classic design, therefore I somewhat look at the brands offerings with pretty much the industry standard drop-top and a unique headstock with my had angled a bit.

I don't think it's a bad thing, but feel rather that if you go through all the effort to create a good looking unique headstock, it's somewhat held back by the body shape. JT have the funny shaped pickguards so that offsets it a bit for the most part.

That said, as long as a headstock is not symmetrical, or a reversed traditional fender style (or this Combat Guitars sig), then I'm sure most designs will grow on me given some time.

All my opinion however, and I'm sure some will disagree with me.

View attachment 143825

Fuckin love this headstock wow, I've never seen that before.