New Slipknot

protest

Reaction score
Though at the same time, "I don't need you to understand me" etc. - but he constantly posts on social media about his family, his holidays, political views etc. There's a whole meme about "what does Corey Taylor think about it?" because he's so outspoken about everything. So although I agree about the performance being good, it's quite funny that the subject matter and reality don't align at all.

I'm pretty sure the "you" in most of the songs is his ex wife. I was reading a review/interview before it came out and it mentioned that the album is almost exclusively about her, their marriage/divorce, and Corey's depression following their split.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Apex1rg7x

Agent of Chaos
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the "you" in most of the songs is his ex wife. I was reading a review/interview before it came out and it mentioned that the album is almost exclusively about her, their marriage/divorce, and Corey's depression following their split.

Yeah I think at least 85-90% of the album is Corey reflecting on his divorce and depression. I think he went to another level writing lyrics for this record and they might be some of his best yet.

Reactions: fps

Flappydoodle

Reaction score

Yeah I think at least 85-90% of the album is Corey reflecting on his divorce and depression. I think he went to another level writing lyrics for this record and they might be some of his best yet.

Ah, interesting. Thanks.

couverdure

No Gear Day
Reaction score

All of his live guitars are his MIM models except for the sandblasted Jazzmaster and two Floyd-equipped ones (a Jazzmaster and Strat), and loaded with his signature EMG set, which are passive pickups with an active EQ, similar to the EMG ALX or the SD Gus G Blackouts. He's still with Orange but he also has some Friedman amps in his rig as well.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score

All of his live guitars are his MIM models except for the sandblasted Jazzmaster and two Floyd-equipped ones (a Jazzmaster and Strat), and loaded with his signature EMG set, which are passive pickups with an active EQ, similar to the EMG ALX or the SD Gus G Blackouts. He's still with Orange but he also has some Friedman amps in his rig as well.

That Floyd'ed Jazzmaster.:yum:

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Watched a bunch of that and he seems like such a down to earth dude. Was cool hearing him both talk about not being a gear head, but then having some pretty gear head opinions on guitars/gear, lol.

Apex1rg7x

Agent of Chaos
Reaction score

His Strat's and Jazzmaster's are all US made. The Tele is the only one that is Mexican made. But either way, he plays the guitars off the rack that we can all purchase so that's cool.

Apex1rg7x

Agent of Chaos
Reaction score
A new signature Orange head might be cool.
Yeah but I would be curious as to what they would do with it. I mean he's usually straight into his RV live and there's not much you can or need to do to that rig. The Terror sig he had was the most logical thing IMO and now they discontinued it but yeah, I'm curious to see what they come up with.