New Song: Non Metal Non Prog

• Thread starter rahul_mukerji
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
Hey !!

So I can't really make my songs sound half as good as some of the folks on this thread. But I can't let that keep me from making my ideas come to life. One day when I have a billion bucks and the time, I'll clean up my stuff.

But here is a new song I made. Its pretty clean and non metal. Been listening to God is an Astronaut so I think that influenced this song a little.

I named it "The Stone Eaters Rain Dance".

Let me know what you think of it:

Myspace
Website

(You'll have to scroll to find the song on the website. Its the first song on myspace)

Thanks and hope you like it. :wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cgrady

Reaction score
Good to see more non-metal on this board. Its bit over-saturated with the same sounding stuff, IMO.

I'm digging this track. I definitely hear some God is an Astronaut in there. Cool stuff!

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
Hey thanks man !!

Glad you liked that stuff. Truth be told, it was supposed to be a progressive grunge tune (if that makes any sense), but I really felt that the song should just flow the way it did and not get heavier.

Ah well ... maybe I'll put those riffs in another song :)

CynicEidolon

And still he waits..
Reaction score
I dig it, man! The "feel" of the track is great! It breathes! It's not just "teh br00talz" the whole time. :)

Thumbs up from me! :D

Slampop

Artist/Producer: IDOLER
Reaction score
c'mon man, i think it sounds pretty awesome...let's not be modest, hahaha. very open indeed, snare has a nice crack to it! music pleased the ears sir. :yesway:

IconW

Reaction score
Great music for my night. Calm and not too gloomy...gotta listen some "lighter" music time-to-time. The mix is open and the song got definetly good vibe on it. Very good and delightful music you got there sir! ...gotta listen more.

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
Cool stuff. It's not half as bad as you make it out to be! I'd love to hear more!

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
Wow !! Talk about getting an ego boost ! Thanks guys. :wavey:

So the drums are XLN Addictive Drums. I really liked the software and the sound from the drum samples.

I listen to a lot of Bulb's and Mattayus' recordings and it sounds like Rick Rubin sat thru their sessions. So yeah I get a little bummed each time I listen to the clarity and production work (not to mention the fantastic arrangements). But it makes me work a little harder, which is good.

Anyway, thanks to you all, I've got this huge grin on my face at the work place and a ego boost.

If you liked that song, you'd probably end up liking : A Lasting Impression, Lardass Leanrs to Groove, My Chicagoan, Whats your Linux Flavour and Your fingerprints stain my heart.

They are all in the same vein: clean, a little laid back and feel good kinda music.

cheers 'n beers !!