New Suicide Silence Song/Album

• Thread starter You
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

You

þ
Reaction score
Suicide Silence will apparently be releasing a new self-titled record in the 27th of February 2017. "Doris" is a song from the new record.

Personally, I do not enjoy the new(nu) direction the band is veering towards, though I was never a big fan of this band in particular.

The beginning of the chorus conjures this image:
5TC636.gif

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

extendedsolo

Reaction score
Personally, I do not enjoy the new(nu) direction the band is veering towards, though I was never a big fan of this band in particular.

Why in the world are you starting a thread about them then? just to complain? I mean maybe it's just not for you ya know?

I think the song is fine. Not great but certainly not as bad as some suggest. I really liked their first two albums and just sorta stop listening to them.

You

þ
Reaction score
Why in the world are you starting a thread about them then? just to complain? I mean maybe it's just not for you ya know?

I think the song is fine. Not great but certainly not as bad as some suggest. I really liked their first two albums and just sorta stop listening to them.

I thought other people would be interested. The song is also rather polarizing, therefore I believe it would be interesting to hear the opinions of the users of this site.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
I still contend this sounds like Ross Robinson dug out a couple old Deftones and Slipknot throw away tracks, smashed 'em together, and let these guys use it.... Everyone is like "Why do you hate clean vocals?"
We don't hate clean vocals, we hate TERRIBLE SINGING.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
As an unironic fan of The Cleansing and No Time to Bleed this is pretty far and away off the shark.

Yeah its no mystery this band always wore their nu-metal influence on their sleeves but at least it was played with some intensity, Mitch's vocals notwithstanding

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I still contend this sounds like Ross Robinson dug out a couple old Deftones and Slipknot throw away tracks, smashed 'em together, and let these guys use it.... Everyone is like "Why do you hate clean vocals?"

I'll never forgive Ross for helping ....ify Sepultura by co-producing one of the most overrated metal albums ever.

Apparently doing the same thing with Suicide Silence; taking their previously established and well-received sound and making it into a more boring Korn ripoff.

And yeah, those vocals...

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score
I support artists making the music that they want. With that said, this is a very far cry from what I would expect to come out of the same guys that instrumentalized "The cleansing" and vocalized "This is where it ends".

I like Suicide Silence. I support by buying the music I like, and I will not even put this on my spotify rotation.

SD83

Reaction score
I was never a big fan of this band in particular.

This. To me, almost all the songs sounded like any generic deathcore band, and from what I heard live performances were sometimes abysmal. The only "original" Suicide Silence song I ever really liked was "You only live once", and that one was only ever really great when they performed it with Randy Blythe... I do like the new song. A lot. Sounds like a new band to me, and a much more interesting one at that. Far less generic, far more memorable.

oc616

Control Deck Wins
Reaction score
^ This.

Never liked Deathcore as a whole, but this song is a far cry from anything modern bands are currently producing. Speaking of production, this rawer quality actually pleases me, since we're at a critical mass for surgically-clean prog metal.

extendedsolo

Reaction score

It sounds exactly like a mashup of Slipknots first album, deftones, and korn.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The chorus wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't for the terrible clean vocals.

And yeah, the more I listen to it, the more it sounds like them trying to emulate Sepultura's Roots.

Mraz

Reaction score
I am a big fan of them.. Always loved them and was sad to watch Mitch go and I like the song and cleans too.. But tbh I don't think it is a good move on their part because it just doesn't seem to fit into their style or whatver..

I prefer the old ones.. I hope the record will be better than this..

Because I have Korn and Deftones.. I don't need a wannabe copy of them

SwingMachine

Reaction score
This. To me, almost all the songs sounded like any generic deathcore band...

Agreed. I personally think they got big because they were part of one of the first big waves of the whole down tuned pissed off "simple but brutal" thing. I remember when Unanswered first dropped on Myspace. Everyone lost their minds because it was "the heaviest thing ever."

Reaction score
I like a few Suicide Silence songs and I'm a huge All Shall Perish fan but nothing about this song is good. Eddie must have blown his voice out or something because it doesn't even sound like him. He used to have such killer highs and a good singing voice, this makes me very wary of the potential new ASP album...

Nlelith

Motion Designer
Reaction score
I'm gonna go ahead and say that the only part of this new song I find impressive is the chorus. Never listened to this band before, apart for maybe one or two youtube videos.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
The Cleansing will forever be their best work. And the people saying that this is the natural direction that the band would have continued with if Mitch were alive...

...LOL.