New Suicide Silence Song/Album

• Thread starter You
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Keel

Reaction score
Idk about all shall perish, but he definitely dissed thy art is murder while boosting himself up. He said something along the lines of, -we are pushing the boundaries of deathcore music. If every band just puts out albums that sounds exactly like their previous albums like thy art is murder, deathcore is going to die off-.
Pretty ....ty attitude imo. Not the exact quote but was something very similar.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Keel

Reaction score
Saw this on Facebook, thought it was hilarious and belonged here :lol:

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
The band really needs to understand people aren't hating it because its not deathcore. They're hating it because the songs aren't good.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
IIRC, didn't another band start doing the same thing? They added clean vocals, and didn't get as much flack because the vocals were actually good.

HANIAK

Reaction score
My two cents:
I was never a fan of the band, nor am now, but I must admit these new songs impress me much more than their previous work.
That being said, I must add that the vocals suck (the guy is not a clean singer at all, he just adds some off-key, bad tasty moans here and there) and this is definitely *not* the path the band would do if their other singer was alive... (unless they fired him)

Anyway, found this hilarious :D

couverdure

No Gear Day
Reaction score
My two cents:
I was never a fan of the band, nor am now, but I must admit these new songs impress me much more than their previous work.
That being said, I must add that the vocals suck (the guy is not a clean singer at all, he just adds some off-key, bad tasty moans here and there) and this is definitely *not* the path the band would do if their other singer was alive... (unless they fired him)

Anyway, found this hilarious :D

The sad truth is that Jared Dines' joke acoustic cover sounds a thousand times more enjoyable and legitimate than the original.

SD83

Reaction score
The sad truth is that Jared Dines' joke acoustic cover sounds a thousand times more enjoyable and legitimate than the original.

While it is certainly funny, I find it rather horrible to listen to :D But then again, I don't see anything wrong with the original.
The other songs sound rather interesting, but I'd have to hear them in a remotely decent recording quality... better than "Silence" in any case.

oc616

Control Deck Wins
Reaction score
Ah Dines, the Onision of metal...

OT: This just got released, and no word of a lie, I actually dig this song. A lot. Yes, its a blatant rip off of Deftones, but it does a pretty damn good job of it compared to the other tracks so far.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
Ah Dines, the Onision of metal...

OT: This just got released, and no word of a lie, I actually dig this song. A lot. Yes, its a blatant rip off of Deftones, but it does a pretty damn good job of it compared to the other tracks so far.

well it was a better deftones song than most of the ones on Gore :lol:

heathenhotel

Reaction score
I am all for bands doing what they feel to evolve. Musically, this stuff is not at all terrible but the vocals are next level horrible. If you can't sing clean, don't. It's that simple.

Mraz

Reaction score
The music on the record is lazy.. the vocals are terri-bad...
The video for the latest song is .... imo.. A ....ing local band could have made it better..

And although I think GORE was Deftones' worst record to date.. It is still better than this piece of .... SS released (and I was a huge SS fan.. )

extendedsolo

Reaction score
The vocal performance on this record is almost 'snare drum on St Anger' levels of terrible. It DOES sound like the vocalist had no idea what to do. The band is not writing or playing to their strengths at all here, and it's very obvious that they aren't the best songwriters. It worked when they were writing moshing songs, but it doesn't work here at all.

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
The vocal performance on this record is almost 'snare drum on St Anger' levels of terrible. It DOES sound like the vocalist had no idea what to do. The band is not writing or playing to their strengths at all here, and it's very obvious that they aren't the best songwriters. It worked when they were writing moshing songs, but it doesn't work here at all.
THIS. I bought the album solely based on the controversy surrounding it and I am a fan of Ross's work. The vocals are outright bad. No flow, disjointed and just lyrically terrible. Musically it's not SS. Hope they got whatever it is out of their system and they rush back into the studio to get a proper album out. One thing I will say is that I don't believe everyone should lay blame on Eddie for this album. It's a group effort and they all agreed to put it out.