New summer Ibanez models

• Thread starter jl-austin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Looks like the RG2 came out. Not a Premium, so I reckon they're trying to appeal to the broke demographic. :lol:
Ibanez.com | Electric Guitars | RG2XXV
RG2XXVFPK.gif

RG2XXVFYE.gif

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not a Premium, so I reckon they're trying to appeal to the broke demographic.

Here's a quote from HUSA:

If you’ve been eyeing our 25th Anniversary series but couldn't fit it in the budget, we've got some good news for you! Introducing the RG2XXV!

So they are pretty much marketing this as a cheaper RG1XXV. :lol:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh Ibanez... :noplease:

Where are the PRESTIGE models?

Right here:
RG3570ZDY.gif

RG3550MZGW.gif

RG3521GK.gif

RG3250MZFOR.gif

RG3250MZDY.gif

The Prestige RG lineup is a little thinner than it has been in the past, but if the last decade or two is any indication Ibanez tends to do this every few years, cut down models for a year or two, than bring a whole bunch down the road.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
Right here:

RG3250MZFOR.gif

The Prestige RG lineup is a little thinner than it has been in the past, but if the last decade or two is any indication Ibanez tends to do this every few years, cut down models for a year or two, than bring a whole bunch down the road.

I actually played this one recently, it was my first experience with a Prestige model. Even with a terrible setup, it played incredibly smooth. I just wish GC would maintain their instruments, a Prestige shouldn't come off the wall with the action 3-4mm off the board with an out of whack bridge. :squint:

jl-austin

Reaction score
According to Ibanezrules.com these are coming to the US market as well. They are posted in another thread, but I figured I would post them here as well, due to this being the summer release thread.

S970CW_NT_1P_01.png

S920E_BK_1P_01.png

I am kind of fond of the black S, I have never liked that black plastic pickup selector thing, and that one has a round 3 way (and also no tone control). Looks sweet!

heregoesnothing

SS.org nub
Reaction score
According to Ibanezrules.com these are coming to the US market as well. They are posted in another thread, but I figured I would post them here as well, due to this being the summer release thread.

S970CW_NT_1P_01.png

S920E_BK_1P_01.png

I am kind of fond of the black S, I have never liked that black plastic pickup selector thing, and that one has a round 3 way (and also no tone control). Looks sweet!

I pray that they release the 7 string version for the black one

2ManyShoes

10th Degree GearSlut
Reaction score

S970CW_NT_1P_01.png

S920E_BK_1P_01.png

I want both of these! :scream:

NeglectedField

Reaction score
Seems the 921 is just the 821 with Dimmy-designed instead of straight up Ibanez pickups. No big deal. The UK could do with some of the ones with colours, mind. Although on that front, some bursts would be nice.

jl-austin

Reaction score
They are also releasing an inexpensive 8 string RG (not RGA). It will be offered in black and white, and if I remember correctly it will cost $500. No pictures of it though, I seen it in the dealer flier at a store here in Austin.

Latest posts