New Synergy module - April 17th

• Thread starter MetalDaze
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
The diamond plate background suggests a Recto, but probably a Synergy version like the IICP.

438746647_18390107659072619_7327076776043460021_n.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Hopefully a Recto, and not a re-annoucement of the Z-Wreck.
With the silver diamond plate and the black module I'm guessing they're trying to be blatant about it being a Recto at least.

Also FWIW the ZW module has 5 knobs per row. This has 6, also like a Recto.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
I'm curious about what kind of circuit changes are going on between the red and orange modes since it's not able to remove the negative feedback from the power section like the real amp does.

On an old ToneTalk episode, Dave Friedman said that a Synergy Rectfier module would be redundant since the preamp of the real amp is so close to that of an SLO and the power section is where the difference in tone/character/feel comes from. I guess that didn't stop people from asking for one, though :lol:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Cool it's voiced after a very early revision though. Hope to hear some comparisons.

I'm curious about what kind of circuit changes are going on between the red and orange modes since it's not able to remove the negative feedback from the power section like the real amp does.

On an old ToneTalk episode, Dave Friedman said that a Synergy Rectfier module would be redundant since the preamp of the real amp is so close to that of an SLO and the power section is where the difference in tone/character/feel comes from. I guess that didn't stop people from asking for one, though :lol:

Shit that's probably why they did it lol. Take the SLO preamp, tweak it a bit... boom, early revision Recto module. Make some extra $$$$

Also I thought the Synergy amps can adjust negative feedback depending on the modules? Or do they do something else?e

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Voiced like a Rev C and yet sounds nothing like it... way closer to a Rev G or every bassy boomy recto you've ever heard.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Voiced like a Rev C and yet sounds nothing like it... way closer to a Rev G or every bassy boomy recto you've ever heard.
I wanna hear more demos before I make a judgement call since I never really liked his tones. Seems like he was dialing in the sound for maximum 90s/2000s nu metal mud

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
It's a lot of people's favorite revisions. They still have the depth and chunk of a Recto but with a tighter low end. More like a super pissed of SLO.

But yeah Lynch's grail Recto was a very early Rev C iirc that was apparently FUBAR.
I bet he wasn't happy about that. I'm sure he's replaced it with another, but it's "just not the exact same." I'm waiting for Leon Todd's demo to get released before I contemplate one.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I bet he wasn't happy about that. I'm sure he's replaced it with another, but it's "just not the exact same." I'm waiting for Leon Todd's demo to get released before I contemplate one.
I think that was the story. It got damaged (It's Don so iirc the story changes a lot lol), Mesa tried to fix it and it never sounded the same. No other Recto sounded like it. He still seemed to like the sound of it though since the Peavey he worked on (XXX) has some Recto influence in it, and the Grail module he did for Randall is Recto based.

But yeah I wanna hear better clips of this before I write it off.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Leon Todd released one. It does the Recto thing, but I am likely not going to get one, as I think it sounds like ass in most settings except for maybe two. Bass at 9:00-10:00, Mids at 1:30 or more, Treble at 11:00-12:00, and presence to taste. Outside of that, it sounded like flabby ass, which is pretty much Recto to a T.

LCW

Reaction score
If anyone knows Rectos it’s Fluff. Pretty good demo I thought. In the mix first then some know tweaking. Says more like a really good Rev G than a C. Which isn’t a bad thing.