New track "Fractals" Messing with Axe-Fx (Nuendo, Axe-Fx Ultra, AD, POD Farm)

• Thread starter Destroyer2
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Destroyer2

Riff box!
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I recently managed to get myself a brand new Axe-Fx Ultra and finally got around to recording something with it to test it out!
On this track I used the recto new model with the metal 4x12 cab, really liking the sounds I can get out of this thing! Still yet to try custom cabinet IRs since I need a new midi cable but soon.

This is a song I was working on with my pod originally, so a few clean and lead parts are still the old podXT tracks but I'll re-record those parts when I create some suitable patches on the Axe-Fx.

For now though.. Hope you enjoy! :D

<div style="width:473px; border:solid #999999 1px; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_ExtBG.png')">
<a href='http://www.soundclick.com/destroyermusic'>
<div style="background-color:width:460px; height:45px; cursor:pointer; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_460.png');"></div></a>
<div id="lower"><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="60" width="473" data="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
<param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />
<param name="movie" value="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf" />
<param name="loop" value="false" />
<param name="menu" value="false" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<param name="flashvars" value="playType=single&songid=9222965&scid=9222965&q=hi&ext=1" />
<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
<param name="salign" value="b" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" />
</object></div></div>
direct download: http://dacker.snieb.com/music/dylan ackerly - fractals.mp3 (Right click, save link as)

Dylan (music) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ddtonfire

Reaction score
Your tone is delicious. I'd expect nothing less, though. Sounds great!

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
holy crap! it sounds huge through shitty built-in speakers in my imac! very nice! :)

i really want an axe-fx!

only thing i don´t like is the drums. they sound too mechanical to me. but that´s just me :p

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
Tones are AWESOME

drums need tweaking, but the cymbals sound pretty decent.

But seriously, fuck shit those tones are awesome.

Destroyer2

Riff box!
Reaction score
Cheers guys! :)

I was thinking I could probably get a little bit more crack out of the snare and a bit less click on the kick. I didn't mess with the drums too much though but I might try and rework the drums a bit later since I'm still finding nice Axe tones :)

Ramsey

Reaction score
I like the song, it reminds me of Misery Signals mixed with a bit of All That Remains or something. Tone is awesome.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
This sounds fucking sick man, where'd you get Axe Fx from, and what did it cost you? It sounds pretty SikTh-ish in some of those chords around 1:10, I'm gunna download this now :D Great song as well as tone.

Wookieslayer

OOOAAARWWWRR
Reaction score
guitar tone and song are great! drums sound too mechanical / live but the cymbals are pretty good. :metal:

Fred

Reaction score
That's a wicked tone, and nicely unique. It's a hell of a lot warmer and more vintage-sounding than the majority of tones I've heard used for this kind of stuff. Great writing and playing, to boot.

Other than the boxiness of the kick, I think the main problem with the drums is not so much the tones but the lack of any evident variation to the velocities of the various hits, hence they come across as being pretty obviously programmed.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
This track is absolutely great. Great tone, great melodies, great writing.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
IMO the only thing that needs tweeking would be the kick drum, but I'm not listening through the best of speakers at the moment. Your tones sounds nasty dude!

Bevo

Reaction score
That sounded real tube like, but i agree the drums are a bit off.

Once you spend more time on it..........

Destroyer2

Riff box!
Reaction score
Thanks guys! :)

This sounds fucking sick man, where'd you get Axe Fx from, and what did it cost you? It sounds pretty SikTh-ish in some of those chords around 1:10, I'm gunna download this now :D Great song as well as tone.

I got it on eBay for about about $2200 or so from somewhere on the mainland, the guy just bought it and had to pay a bill or something.

the tone and writing style are very similar to the band Amoral. great shit

I finally checked them out dude. Not bad!

The tone is BIG.

It actually reminds of Petrucci a lot.

Cheers man! Petrucci is great so that's a big compliment for me! :D

Latest posts