NGD: 1990 Ibanez USA Custom THICC maple alert

• Thread starter thrashcomics
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thrashcomics

Ibanez and Line 6 since 1999
Reaction score
Been lusting after one of these for a very long time and finally pulled the trigger. Not disappointed at all. Absolutely insane flamey quilt top and fairly light overall (need a new battery for my scale). A few dings but great shape for a 34 year old axe. Im assuming the neck and middle are stock but the Tone Zone was swapped for an Invader. It rips.

IMG_7680.JPGIMG_7681.JPGIMG_7682.JPGIMG_7685.JPGIMG_7683.JPGIMG_7684.JPG

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Concerto412

Aeternae Sonus
Reaction score
Oooh, SOOO good! That top looks incredible, congrats OP!
I know veneers aren’t a new phenomenon, and are obviously the more commercially viable option - - but dammit that figure wrapping the edge and down the full-thickness top, that’s just to die for :wub:

thrashcomics

Ibanez and Line 6 since 1999
Reaction score
Oooh, SOOO good! That top looks incredible, congrats OP!
I know veneers aren’t a new phenomenon, and are obviously the more commercially viable option - - but dammit that figure wrapping the edge and down the full-thickness top, that’s just to die for :wub:
Yeah for real. I want to find one of the early full flame maple bodied SRs.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
That is incredible, I never tracked the USA Custom Shop stuff back in the day. Ibby should bring it back of course, there seems to be a huge demand for USA Customs from the big makers if what I read here is a good reference point.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
That's awesome. One of the things I hate the most about modern guitars is that incentivize companies to use super thin maple tops. Half maple, all maple, totally figured bodies is the way!

jco5055

Reaction score
looks awesome! I'm the guy that sent the flame emoji on instagram but thought I needed to basically say it again here haha. THICC tops do something to me for sure