NGD- 8-string pawn shop lulz!

• Thread starter JeffFromMtl
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
So I randomly walked into a pawn shop today, which is something I never do, but I was having a good day and I've just recently found a taker for the amp I'm selling. I wasn't expecting to find anything interesting, but lo and behold, I did. And for a great price. So I walked out with one of my long-time favourite guitarists' signature guitars :D

100_2790.jpg

100_2789.jpg

100_2786.jpg

100_2787.jpg

100_2788.jpg

It's in impeccable shape and looks like it's barely even been played. I think the owner of the pawn shop was just relieved that someone finally took the 8-string off his hands, which I was under the impression, hadn't garnered much interest. I had no intention of buying a guitar, but for the price, I figured why not!? Impulse buys FTW!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
id shit myself if i ever saw an 8 string in a pawn shop. and id probably buy it on the spot too. nice score! i keep hearing lots of good things about the SC models, even the LTDs. id like to get my hands on one.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
For that price I would have jumped on it too, nice score man, looks to be in great condition!

heyimdallas

Reaction score
Holy shit! What a pawn find dude!
That dude probably had no idea what he had sitting in his shop haha.

jaretthale78

7 stringed playa
Reaction score
woah nice grab dude,
the only guits i find in pawn shops are squires and old bc richs lol

but it seems kinda suspicous, i dont think somone who knows about guitars would take that into a pawn shop

it might be stolen bro :scratch:

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
woah nice grab dude,
the only guits i find in pawn shops are squires and old bc richs lol

Me too, usually. Aside from this, the only cool thing I've found in a pawn shop was about 2 years ago, a turquoise Ibanez with a maple fretboard from the '80's. I almost bought it just to flaunt its hideousness on stage as a novelty.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
but it seems kinda suspicous, i dont think somone who knows about guitars would take that into a pawn shop

it might be stolen bro :scratch:

Ninja-edited

Or pawned for drug money... You know the things that some people will do to get their fix. Either way, you never know, but I have definitely considered how the guitar might have ended up there :shrug:

jaretthale78

7 stringed playa
Reaction score
Ninja-edited

Or pawned for drug money... You know the things that some people will do to get their fix. Either way, you never know, but I have definitely considered how the guitar might have ended up there :shrug:
yea i just thought about it, thought id share
now..
post some vids! :hbang:

Splees

splees
Reaction score
awesome. pawn shops can be awesome sometimes. ESPECIALLY THIS TIME. congrats. the best deal I got at a pawn shop was a set of zildjian a customs for $200.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
yea i just thought about it, thought id share
now..
post some vids! :hbang:

No video camera, and my webcam is pretty much useless :noway:
Plus, I don't have a cab sitting under my UL at the moment and my Marshall 2x12 is at the jam space, so I haven't gotten to hear this guitar through anything but the cheapo no-name thing they had covered in magenta tolex at the pawn shop :lol:

oniduder

HONKEY DONKEY
Reaction score
i owned one of these when it first came out,

not a bad little guitar at all,

in fact i sometimes miss it, ohhs wells

great find,

Kapee

ss.org Master
Reaction score
Pretty fair price :lol: I'd sh*t my pants if i'd see that baby with as cheap price tag as yours had!

Gongrats and have fun with it :hbang: :hbang:

ykcirj

Reaction score
Great score man! Looks great. Pawn shops are great for finding deals unless you are trying to get rid of gear :) I took my Vetta2 Head into a pawn shop recently to see what it was worth...The guy offered me $60 for it. No joke. I guess he thought it was a toaster from the future or something. Needless to say I didnt take the "deal".

Latest posts