[NGD] A Very Carvin Christmas (bye 56k)

VigilSerus

Guys gals n guitars
Reaction score
I ordered this used from Reverb, it was a fantastic deal. I'll let the pictures talk first. :lol:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

Body is walnut, neck is 5 piece walnut/maple, top is claro walnut, and fretboard is ebony. The pickups were replaced with a set of BKP Aftermaths, and the regular tone was replaced with a push-pull for coil splitting. I've had a few hours to acclimate to my first 8 string. It plays fantastic, action is really nice and low. I'm getting a little buzzing, but it shipped across the states, so it might need a little bit of time to settle. I've finagled with the truss rod just a touch to alleviate some buzzing. Plugged in, the guitar sounds immense and growls hard. Only thing I found annoying was some sympathetic resonance on the strings past the nut, which I fixed with a hairband and a ziptie. Guitar is super tight, plays FAST, and looks f'n incredible. Absolutely love it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
That's a beautiful guitar, man! Congrats and Merry Christmas! :)

shupe13

Reaction score
Congrats!

Absolutely beautiful guitar!!

Mangle

Breaker
Reaction score
Carvin's 8 string neckthru goodness.... what a gift, whoever bought you that for X*mas loves you indeed, MNGD!

pahulkster

Reaction score
Very nice. I love the walnut top, but the variation on them is too huge for me to ever order one. Yours is particularly nice.

TGOD

The Wiz
Reaction score
That whole combo is stunning, man. I only wish I could own a guitar that beautiful one day.

MrYakob

Reaction score
Clicked on this thread solely because of the 56k resurgence. Let's bring it back!!

Also, that is a very beautiful guitar ;)

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Means the images are large in size and anyone on a 56k modem will be struggling to download them, not really any issue these days of course....

There are still approximately 10,000,000 americans that still use dial-up. :) my parents live in rural Wisconsin. There is no DSL or cable TV. Their only options are dial-up, or satellite service with data useage limits, and which goes out with seemingly every rain and snow storm.