NGD: Agile Hawker 82527

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EverDream

Reaction score
Yeah, that is not headless IMO, to me that is a shortened head-stock with different tuners (and from what was described, sounds like pretty crappy ones that cause string breakage). If it helps neck dive that's nice, but not at the cost of being more prone to string breakage due to crappy tuners.

Plus I think it's ugly. A real headless looks pretty cool to me, but this just looks like a half-ass attempt at a headless. It's like... "Are you headless or not? Make up your mind!"... this in-between look, looks really silly IMO, lol. But that being said, it's nice to have options and some people may not be bothered by it, and may like it, so whatever. It's just not for me, that's for sure, lol. :lol:

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Yeah, that is not headless IMO, to me that is a shortened head-stock with different tuners (and from what was described, sounds like pretty crappy ones that cause string breakage). If it helps neck dive that's nice, but not at the cost of being more prone to string breakage due to crappy tuners.

Plus I think it's ugly. A real headless looks pretty cool to me, but this just looks like a half-ass attempt at a headless. It's like... "Are you headless or not? Make up your mind!"... this in-between look, looks really silly IMO, lol. But that being said, it's nice to have options and some people may not be bothered by it, and may like it, so whatever. It's just not for me, that's for sure, lol. :lol:

Really? This is a Strandberg here. Not that much of a difference. As long as it doesn't have tuners on it and is smaller than your general headstocks, I'd classify it as a headless.
Anatomy-headless.png

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Really? This is a Strandberg here. Not that much of a difference. As long as it doesn't have tuners on it and is smaller than your general headstocks, I'd classify it as a headless.
Anatomy-headless.png
image.848

image.848

"Not that much of a difference."?! I have to strongly disagree there.

From the photos, you can clearly see that the Agile's "headstump" is about 3 times the size of the Strandberg's. The Strandberg's "headstump" is also a fairly extreme example, as 99% of headless guitars outside of Agile and Strandberg have significantly less material than that.

Then think about how a normal Agile headstock is about three times the size of this Hawker's "headstump," and you can pretty accurately describe this particular guitar as having a half-head.

Not saying that the headstump is a negative thing or that it's a good thing.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
image.848

image.848

"Not that much of a difference."?! I have to strongly disagree there.

From the photos, you can clearly see that the Agile's "headstump" is about 3 times the size of the Strandberg's. The Strandberg's "headstump" is also a fairly extreme example, as 99% of headless guitars outside of Agile and Strandberg have significantly less material than that.

Then think about how a normal Agile headstock is about three times the size of this Hawker's "headstump," and you can pretty accurately describe this particular guitar as having a half-head.

Not saying that the headstump is a negative thing or that it's a good thing.

Hey, I'm no expert :lol:
Strandberg is what I think of when I think headless

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
if the truss rod adjustment would have been moved near the neck pick up, that "stump" could a lot smaller

Matty B

Reaction score
if the truss rod adjustment would have been moved near the neck pick up, that "stump" could a lot smaller

It's actually like that on 6 and 7 string versions which I'd prefer but on 8+ Agiles they all have dual truss rods.