NGD: Arístides H/08R Trem

• Thread starter Xykhron
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xykhron

Reaction score
Hello dudes and dudettes.

Today I want to introduce you the last ERG I received about 15 days ago, an Arístides H/08 of the Raw series.
When the model was introduced last year I promised myself that one day I'd order one, and in November, one of the artist of Arístides showed s yellow one and I felt in love, so by the end of November I ordered one exactly like that, but with different pickup models and an improvement on the tremolo. 5 months later DHL guy was knocking on my door with the perfect gift for my birthday, two days later.

The specs:
- 8 string headless with carbon fiber, glass fiber and Arium body
- dark Richlite fretboard .
- Lundgren M8 pickups.
- 5 way blade switch + 1 volume.
- 26.5-28" multiscale.
- Hantug tremolo + headpiece.
- FuTone high tension noiseless springs.
- Schaller SureClaw.
- Dual jack input.
- Quantum Industries dedicated gigbag.
- All in yellow, including epoxy inlays.

The guitar plays fantastic. The fretboard has a compound radius from 12 to 16" that feels very nice, even when I'm used to flatter fretboards. The slim neck profile is so comfortable. I own an 080S and it is the same feeling under fingers.
It weights barely 2.7 kg with the trem arm included, so it is very lightweight for being an 8 with them system.

Sound is really like my other Arístides: alive, full, resonant, with very organic sound, despite the lack of wood. Good low end, nice and warm mids and some kind of rounded highs, present but not harsh at all.

And now, the pictures because....this thread without pictures is worthless ;)

Thanks for reading!IMG20210501101358.jpg IMG20210501101404.jpg IMG20210501101426.jpg IMG20210430161645.jpg IMG20210430161717.jpg IMG20210430161829.jpg IMG20210430161831.jpg IMG20210430161848.jpg IMG20210430161855.jpg IMG20210507171222.jpg

Reaction score
Didn't I saw a NGD thread for the one in the middle? It looks like you have a thing with de-headed guitars... hhhuuummm... Super nice collection with super cool guitars!

RobDobble6S7

Professional shit talker
Reaction score
Hey by any chance could i ask for a birthday present for me too...?

Jokes aside, happy belated birthday and NGD man, looks amazing!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What are the dual output jacks about? Are they the same?

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
Awesome man, great collection, I have a yellow one coming in 3 weeks or so, can't wait myself. I have a couple of questions if u don't mind:
1. The Schaller SureClaw thing, was it your addition, or came stock/custom request from you?
2. Does the trem flutter? How easy/hard?

Masoo2

Reaction score
Absolutely sick guitar dude, very curious to hear how the trem handles/feels

Also, what's the deal with that .strandberg*? Finish/top on it is wild, almost like a rose or coral color

Xykhron

Reaction score
Hey folks, thanks for replying and for cheers. I'll try to answer all the questions:

Didn't I saw a NGD thread for the one in the middle? It looks like you have a thing with de-headed guitars... hhhuuummm... Super nice collection with super cool guitars!

Hi. Yes, I posted that NGD on this thread:https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/ngd-ronciswall-vapor-7ff.347421/
The Ronciswall was expected to be finished on year earlier before the Aristides was even ordered....in the end both came almost at same time. Anyway, 5 headless out of 35 total guitars are not that much...yet. LOL

What are the dual output jacks about? Are they the same?

Yes, they are the same, so you can use one or the other depending on how you play when you are sit, resting the guitar on left of right lap.

Awesome man, great collection, I have a yellow one coming in 3 weeks or so, can't wait myself. I have a couple of questions if u don't mind:
1. The Schaller SureClaw thing, was it your addition, or came stock/custom request from you?
2. Does the trem flutter? How easy/hard?

The Sure Claw was done by my request. I didn't want to unscrew all the backplate to adjust spring tension. About flutter: I can't do as easily as with my other trem equipped guitars. I don't know if it is due this particular Hantug tremolo with which I'm not used to (I use whammy bar for slight tremolos on clean and ambient parts of some lead tails) or if it is just because of my lack of ability.

Absolutely sick guitar dude, very curious to hear how the trem handles/feels

Also, what's the deal with that .strandberg*? Finish/top on it is wild, almost like a rose or coral color

Which one do you mean?. red or brown?. Brown is a USA Strandberg. Red is a Strandberg copy, which by the way is the best sounding of my 5 headless...

Masoo2

Reaction score
Hey folks, thanks for replying and for cheers. I'll try to answer all the questions:

Hi. Yes, I posted that NGD on this thread:https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/ngd-ronciswall-vapor-7ff.347421/
The Ronciswall was expected to be finished on year earlier before the Aristides was even ordered....in the end both came almost at same time. Anyway, 5 headless out of 35 total guitars are not that much...yet. LOL

Yes, they are the same, so you can use one or the other depending on how you play when you are sit, resting the guitar on left of right lap.

The Sure Claw was done by my request. I didn't want to unscrew all the backplate to adjust spring tension. About flutter: I can't do as easily as with my other trem equipped guitars. I don't know if it is due this particular Hantug tremolo with which I'm not used to (I use whammy bar for slight tremolos on clean and ambient parts of some lead tails) or if it is just because of my lack of ability.

Which one do you mean?. red or brown?. Brown is a USA Strandberg. Red is a Strandberg copy, which by the way is the best sounding of my 5 headless...
Ahh didn't even notice the 7 string strandberg up top! Yeah I meant the red 8, finish on it is just nutty. Almost like a slightly darker version of the pomegranate one Narad had made.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
So awesome! Love the colour.
Regarding flutter and other trems you are comparing to - 6s? 7s? An 8 trem is always going to be stiffer - you can think of it playing similar to a trem on a 6 with extra heavy strings and springs.

Xykhron

Reaction score
So awesome! Love the colour.
Regarding flutter and other trems you are comparing to - 6s? 7s? An 8 trem is always going to be stiffer - you can think of it playing similar to a trem on a 6 with extra heavy strings and springs.

Hi, yes, you are right. I'm thinking of 6 & 7s trem, which I use with thick string gauge. This is my first 8 with tremolo. I have owned an Agile almost 10 years ago with Kahler, but I had the trem always fixed.

littlebadboy

Reaction score
Congratulations and Happy birthday! That is indeed a beautiful guitar to add to your other beautiful guitars.

Is a sound demo coming up soon?

Red is a Strandberg copy, which by the way is the best sounding of my 5 headless...

If I may ask, what kind of Strandberg copy and where did you get it from?

Xykhron

Reaction score
Thank you littlebadboy. I'll try to make a demo but lately I've been so busy.

The strandberg copy was made by an Italian luthier under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license when Ola Strandberg put the plans of their designa for builders to learn and to improve them.
I got it by a trade sometime ago.

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
That looks amazing, really want one of these! And the really impressed with the turn around time on the raws too!

How you finding the bridge etc

Xykhron

Reaction score
That looks amazing, really want one of these! And the really impressed with the turn around time on the raws too!

How you finding the bridge etc
The bridge is very comfortable, but I'm not used to multiscale floating bridges and I hit the trem bar with my palm several times. I think it will require some time to get used to it. Apart from that, the tuners are some smooth and keeps in tune fantastic. Very pleased with it.

They all look sick! Which of them do you find to be the comfiest in terms of design choices?
Not an easy question to answer. They all have good features...for example the Endurneck of the Strandbergs is amazing for my style of grabbing the neck and also they are the lightest weight of them all. The dual output of the Arístides is a bonus, plus the nut design is smart because you can hide the extra length of the string when you cut them.
So if I should choose just one, I'd say the Arístides because of the hardware

SCJR

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Oh man...part of me wants these to show up in stores to try and be terrible so I can just move on with my life...but I know I'd just be going home with an H/07 and an albatross of a credit card bill lol.