NGD: Bernie Rico Jr Vixen 7-String III: Gun Metal Gray (Photos Galore!)

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
wow, that looks just awesome, so clean looking

and all 3 guitars are just AWESOME

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LOUDONE

Reaction score
Wow! Nice man! I am getting anxious for mine! BTW that isn't a fake on E-Bay.. That is an earlier Vixen before modifications.. Personally I think it is pretty sweet.. I had an archtop Alias w/ the same headstock and logo.. Can't believe I sold it.. Again, congrats!:hbang:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Congrats, Nick, that looks great!

wow, that looks just awesome, so clean looking

and all 3 guitars are just AWESOME

Thanks Rick & Sebastian :)

Wow! Nice man! I am getting anxious for mine! BTW that isn't a fake on E-Bay.. That is an earlier Vixen before modifications.. Personally I think it is pretty sweet.. I had an archtop Alias w/ the same headstock and logo.. Can't believe I sold it.. Again, congrats!:hbang:

Well fair enough, but I think that one looks pretty terrible on so many levels, and I've never seen Bernie use a bridge like that or a non-matching headstock. Just screams fake to me, but I'll take your word for it.

Lankles

Fuelled by Chicken alone.
Reaction score
Those guitars are perfect. I love your attitude towards tone knobs.

What scale lengths are they all? Your previous #3 thread said it's 25.5, and I vaguely remember #1 and #2 being 27". Am I correct or insane?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Those guitars are perfect. I love your attitude towards tone knobs.

What scale lengths are they all? Your previous #3 thread said it's 25.5, and I vaguely remember #1 and #2 being 27". Am I correct or insane?

Probably insane, but aren't we all really? :)

They're all 25.5 actually. Bernie can do any scale though: 26, 26.5, 27, 27.5, 28, 28.5, whichever. I just really prefer 25.5 :)

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Unless I missed it in this thread, did you mention any of the specs like fretboard radius, fretwire size etc?
Just curious about all that.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Unless I missed it in this thread, did you mention any of the specs like fretboard radius, fretwire size etc?
Just curious about all that.

He told me the radius and fretwire once but I don't remember. Honestly I just know i love his "shred" neck profile option. It's supremely ergonomic, fast, and slim. However it still has a little meat to it. I could ask him what the neck dimensions are, and of course he could do whatever anyone wanted.

I think the frets are 6100 or something.

The Echthros

Stupid, apparently
Reaction score
looks really good. The Ebay looks odd, but I dont believe it to be a fake either. looks like it still has a lot of features senior used like that bridge. you can find that bridge as the default option on alot of BCR customs and most noteably on the chuck signature. Yours looks alot more refined and is more like a high end luxury car than american muscle.

Nick

Reaction score
i didnt think id like the gunmetal but it looks pretty slick.

id prefer that body shape without the spiky bits on the inside of the wings but im not a V guy really. Still looks great, very clean cut and like i say the finish is really nice.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Looks sleek, clean and sexy!

Thanks Mike. Yours is comin' right up! :metal:

looks really good. The Ebay looks odd, but I dont believe it to be a fake either. looks like it still has a lot of features senior used like that bridge. you can find that bridge as the default option on alot of BCR customs and most noteably on the chuck signature. Yours looks alot more refined and is more like a high end luxury car than american muscle.

Possibly, fair enough :)

i didnt think id like the gunmetal but it looks pretty slick.

id prefer that body shape without the spiky bits on the inside of the wings but im not a V guy really. Still looks great, very clean cut and like i say the finish is really nice.

:yesway:

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
I went on the BRJ website, and it stated "all our guitars have a 25.5" scale." Seems kinda strange to me that he wouldn't advertise the fact that he was scale-flexible. :scratch:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I went on the BRJ website, and it stated "all our guitars have a 25.5" scale." Seems kinda strange to me that he wouldn't advertise the fact that he was scale-flexible. :scratch:

His website is being revamped and is very outdated, ignore it. He builds all kinds of scales. I know dudes who have his baritones as well as shorter scales like 25.0 and 24.75.

Bernie is not really a computer guy and had someone else make his original site for him, which really didn't do him any favors. It's been improved in recent months in terms of better photos here and there, but the raw content is still from 2001 and is going to be replaced.

s_k_mullins

!@#$?!
Reaction score
Awesome guitar :hbang: The gunmetal finish is f-ing beautiful!
Congrats on having the sickest V's ever!

joshc482

Reaction score
personally i see no reason in getting a 7 string unless its a baritone. i prefer smaller strings. they just sound brighter to me.