NGD! BlackDroid 7

• Thread starter Felsstein
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

Reaction score
SO fucking beautiful, I'm extremely envious of you! Those pictures in the forest are absolutely stunning, as well, a hell of a lot more interesting than the standard NGD photos... Congrats all round!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
I asked Patrick for a cleaner for the guitar. Two days later I recieved mail from Mr. Patrick Hufschmid

View attachment 12415

Took a piece of cloth and rubbed the guitar in, thats how those pics above were developed...

Now thats a very good and fast customer service! :yesway:

Cheers,
Felsstein

I fell on this polish by mistake in a drug store one day and of course had to buy a bottle to experiment....

They sell it in 2 versions, clear or dark (dark for dark finishes)

Well it just beats any other guitar polish out there, serioussly, I highly recommend it, its also swiss made :D, here is a link if anybody is interested.....

Conta-Wax - Distribution K. Balz, Switzerland

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
^ would this work on guitars without natural/figured finishes?

Of course, it does not contain silicone, it smells good, its not sticky, perfect guitar polish all around :yesway:

It also replaces the fingerboard lemmon oil stuff, this oil can be used for all purposes on a guitar really :yesway:

EDIT: + its not a little bottle, you get a full quater of a liter for CHF 11.90, thats about 11.74 USD, its worth all the money for sure :yesway:

xmetalhead69

Unexpected Ally
Reaction score
Of course, it does not contain silicone, it smells good, its not sticky, perfect guitar polish all around :yesway:

It also replaces the fingerboard lemmon oil stuff, this oil can be used for all purposes on a guitar really :yesway:

EDIT: + its not a little bottle, you get a full quater of a liter for CHF 11.90, thats about 11.74 USD, its worth all the money for sure :yesway:
Awesome, I'll have to order some :hbang:

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
:lol: My friend who sells me the mahogany must be pretty angry because I litterally spend several hours searching for the right board...

Once I spoted one, I put my hands on it and knew it was a great blank but I could not see it because it was under many others...

So I kindy :wub: asked him to come with the truck to remove the blanks and that's how I discovered the gorgeous sipo which I am currently using on my up comming builds...

Sometimes it takes quite a few hours to spot a great piece because you need to be sure the grain is really vertical and quatersawn.

Now the fun part :D....

Since I dont have a car, I go there with the public bus, then we chainsaw the blank so that I get many body and neck pieces, then I call the taxi, piss off the taxi driver because of the mess, then go home with the wood...

Then after a few weeks I then take a new taxi, go down to an other friend who has a big planer, we then plane them all 2cm bigger then the final dimention, then back home with the taxi and I then stack them in my room which is under humidity control...

After a few weeks, and when I'm about to use one of those pieces to build, I then go back (this time I walk :wub:) to the carpenter and we plane the wood to final dimention and I can then walk back home and start building :rofl:

The walk is about 2km to the carpenter :rofl:

dude, get a golf cart or something ahha :)

IconW

Reaction score
After a few weeks, and when I'm about to use one of those pieces to build, I then go back (this time I walk :wub:) to the carpenter and we plane the wood to final dimention and I can then walk back home and start building :rofl:

The walk is about 2km to the carpenter :rofl:

1209034501_3.jpg

:lol:

But serious. That's an awesome guitar! I love everything you build.

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
Goddamn, Patrick!!
Stop building such awesome guitars!!
You're giving me (poor student!!) gas :squint:
I dreamed about owning a blackdroid again last night...
And I won't be able to afford one for the next 5 years :(

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Goddamn, Patrick!!
Stop building such awesome guitars!!
You're giving me (poor student!!) gas :squint:
I dreamed about owning a blackdroid again last night...
And I won't be able to afford one for the next 5 years :(

Thanks man :)

I'm currently building a new 7 string for a german customer, will post pics when finished :yesway:

He wants the same guitar but with a non reversed headstock (not the same head but my regular head) and some dots on the fingerboard :yesway:

Metaldave

Reaction score
This is one of the most amazing looking guitars ever! And once the finance is in place, I will purchase one!