NGD - Carvin DC727 "Lagoon Burst" 56k Begone!

• Thread starter RagtimeDandy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just did a music only demo of the Blackhawk in the guitar. I recently got an Axe FXII so now you can actually here the true sound of the guitar and pickup together

20130601145921.jpg

What I attempted was using my shot ass Blackhawk in the bridge...sounded equally terrible there. As you can see in the video I replaced it with the C26 stock PUP, I actually really love it as a neck pickup

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
oh my god... This is spectacular. I love the quality of the BEM they used. HNGD man.

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
So I managed to get some good lighting in my room, I had to share these!

f2y2.jpg

65ip.jpg

chris9

Reaction score
stunning that is one beautiful guitar!!!!!

Hendog

Reaction score
That thing is killer!

I'm not sure about the rosewood knobs but it's personal preference.

I love the color!

Reaction score
Is it possible for a stain to change color based on temperature? Because the guitar came to me cold as ice and the center looked gray/ice blue, and it's obviously warmed up by now. Here's what it looks like as of yesterday. I swear the center opened up in the increase of temperature, allowing the stain/paint to sink deeper into the wood, revealing the natural wood.

11929_20130422_235445_1.jpg

Hi.

1st, HNGD. That is a beauty

On your question, let me just say that color is light. This means that our perception of color changes with light conditions. Do you see color without light? Also, light is not always white during the day, and specially artificial lights which are a long way from being white. That's what the white balance on cameras is for. Our brains simply has it already programmed to auto mode since we're born.

This means that everything is light sensible, absorbing part of its energy and reflecting other. What we see is the color pigments reflect. This also means that every pigment tend to loose its character with time, some faster than others. That is unlikely to have happened to your guitar's stain, for it takes some heavy exposure to strong sunlight during a long period of time, which I believe you did not allow.

Edit: this last sunlight photo is quite nice, now these bedroom are not that decent. White Balance is still a lot magenta.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
I never tire of looking at this one. Sounds great too.

After reviewing the thread a bit "Lagoon Burst" is the correct description. It does have different names from different brands/luthiers, but the original color came off the "Shattering Bulb" Daemoness Cimmerian 7, prior to the Mayoness. Dylan called it a Lagoon Burst, and obviously it can have variations. It's so killer looking and a no brainer we all want a guitar with it. I really like the Deep Aqua Burst Carvin makes too. So much GAS.