NGD!!! Carvin DC727--my first custom

twizza

Social Assassin
Reaction score
A fine axe sir. Very earthy, if that makes sense.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

12enoB

It's Boner Backwards
Reaction score
Wow, I love how the ash outlines the walnut when looking at it straight on. They never cease to impress me over at carvin.

Spamspam

Pastafarian
Reaction score
Beautiful guitar! Make sure you post that on the Carvin forums too, if you haven't yet. Lot of folks there would be happy to drool on it, lol.

WhoThenNow7

Reaction score
I can't call myself a Carvin fan because I never really gave them a chance (or even ever had the chance to do so), but wow.. that thing is beautiful. HNGD man! Let us know how it sounds when you do the pickup swap!

SkyIllusion

Maine Music Teacher
Reaction score
Nice to see others getting the 3-4 reverse headstock. Makes these guitars look so much better IMO. Also, I definitely got a Claro Walnut Top on mine too, so much sexiness. :D

Gigganigga

Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments guys, the guitar is a ....ing dream to play, stainless steel frets are really smooth and the guitar is very bright and percussive. I think I will throw a calibrated set of BKP Warpigs in there just to add a little bite to the axe. The Carvin PUPs are nice and clear but lack the that UMPH! I want--I am after all a metal-head in the end. A little high gain growlers--though not muddy--in a very bright and responsive guitar should make for an interesting sound imo.

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
Beautiful wood combo and HNGD man.
Did you happen to pay the extra $ to have them hand pick the woods?

Gigganigga

Reaction score
Beautiful wood combo and HNGD man.
Did you happen to pay the extra $ to have them hand pick the woods?

Actually I simply explained to the guys in my order that this would be my first custom and that I would prefer a lighter grain of walnut. I guess they were feeling generous.

Zerox8610

Reaction score
Sorry to bump so late, but did you specifically ask for round body in this order? I'm debating between this and a dc700, but if they still do the bevel edge on 727s by default I'd probably go for one of these.

Stijnson

Reaction score
Stunning guitar man, congrats! Love the look of a darker body top with the maple board!