NGD: Chapman Ghost Fret

• Thread starter ExtremophileElite
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vrollin

Reaction score
I dare say that even if you don't get a response from a representative of Chapman Guitars then at least a bunch of fan boys will tell you what the go is and then some...

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
I'm curious to see what happens. I'm actually pretty ....ing annoyed at this point that you're not able to get a direct response about anything. You shouldn't have to jump through this many hoops just to bring to their attention that they're lying through their ....ing teeth.

A-Branger

Reaction score
lol, like I said, some ppl just refer to these bridges as "hipshot" either because they think it actually is a brand name one, or just referring to the construction of it. The riff City guy doesnt have a clue and hes talking ot you like you dont have a clue, or thinking that you might wont have a clue so you "accept" the bridge and stop the complain.

I wonder if he actually doesnt have a clue, or hes just playing you as you "might dont know", just because they work at a shop doesnt mean they "know". More than a few times I had to correct the guys at my local store as I knew more about the correct specs of the bass/guitar I was testing than them.

to be fair, not many ppl out there are guitar nerds like us

ExtremophileElite

17 Guitars&Counting
Reaction score
I hopped over to the chapman forum to see if anyone there figured out it was not a real hipshot, but just ended up laughing so much with the posts over there. One post was telling the op to be careful when restringing as you can lose the locking posts when fully unscrewing the locking "knob". Another poster said Floyd Rose was a bad designer because he lost his string locking insert blocks from his saddle when he fully undid the bolts when restringing.

I know what you mean now that I've been looking around the site :nuts:

I dare say that even if you don't get a response from a representative of Chapman Guitars then at least a bunch of fan boys will tell you what the go is and then some...

Yeah I'm sure to be in for some interesting responses :lol:

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
lol, like I said, some ppl just refer to these bridges as "hipshot" either because they think it actually is a brand name one, or just referring to the construction of it. The riff City guy doesnt have a clue and hes talking ot you like you dont have a clue, or thinking that you might wont have a clue so you "accept" the bridge and stop the complain.

I wonder if he actually doesnt have a clue, or hes just playing you as you "might dont know", just because they work at a shop doesnt mean they "know". More than a few times I had to correct the guys at my local store as I knew more about the correct specs of the bass/guitar I was testing than them.

My money is on both. Probably clueless mixed in with just wanting OP to accept the answer. I understand, since there's very little that can be done without contacting Chapman. OP, you already know 100% that it's not hipshot, so don't let any form of "what if I'm wrong" eat at you. No matter how confident the guy at the store is, the people who made the product have told you it is not their creation.

Regardless of the logic behind calling it a hipshot, it shouldn't take this long to get into contact with customer service to let them know that their spec sheet is misleading.

ExtremophileElite

17 Guitars&Counting
Reaction score

I sort of agree that he was just fishing for possible answers that would make me accept the bridge. He didn't seem like he was trying to be one of those people that act like they know everything because they work at a shop. I think he was more or less spouting off a bunch of possible answers to all this.

ExtremophileElite

17 Guitars&Counting
Reaction score
My money is on both. Probably clueless mixed in with just wanting OP to accept the answer. I understand, since there's very little that can be done without contacting Chapman. OP, you already know 100% that it's not hipshot, so don't let any form of "what if I'm wrong" eat at you. No matter how confident the guy at the store is, the people who made the product have told you it is not their creation.

Regardless of the logic behind calling it a hipshot, it shouldn't take this long to get into contact with customer service to let them know that their spec sheet is misleading.

Yeah, I'm 100% sure it is not a Hipshot, and I appreciate your support. I don't know whats up with their customer service but you're right when you said it shouldn't take this long. I feel like Chapman and maybe even Riff City are trying to sweep this under the rug.

ZERO1

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm 100% sure it is not a Hipshot, and I appreciate your support. I don't know whats up with their customer service but you're right when you said it shouldn't take this long. I feel like Chapman and maybe even Riff City are trying to sweep this under the rug.
I feel like starting an account over there just to help you out.

Edit: Some one in the chappers forum just asked you to show proof. They may be a hard bunch to convince..

ExtremophileElite

17 Guitars&Counting
Reaction score
I feel like starting an account over there just to help you out.

Edit: Some one in the chappers forum just asked you to show proof. They may be a hard bunch to convince..
Yeah I responded. I should have told them about the bridge I saw on AliExpress first. Oh well... I'll keep that in my back pocket for awhile.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll be keeping an eye on that thread. It'd be insane if people .... on OP for stating what is in fact... well... fact.

The only source you need is to look at every picture of the ghost fret ever, and then look at a proper hipshot bridge. Anybody can see that even the advertised pictures don't have hipshots.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Huzzah! Progress... Albeit very minor progress. Good to see they're not douching it up or anything. Here's to hoping you'll have your closure soon!

By the way, despite all my whining, I am so envious of your guitar. Haha! I'd prefer the blue one, but the black is a very close second.

ExtremophileElite

17 Guitars&Counting
Reaction score
Huzzah! Progress... Albeit very minor progress. Good to see they're not douching it up or anything. Here's to hoping you'll have your closure soon!

By the way, despite all my whining, I am so envious of your guitar. Haha! I'd prefer the blue one, but the black is a very close second.
I actually wanted the blue one as well, but ended up with the black. No complaints though! The black actually looks better in person than it does online.

ZERO1

Reaction score
also since it is a a cheap chinese knock off. just post that aliiexpress site to prove it is in fact a cheap chinese knock of and not a hipshot branded anything.

A-Branger

Reaction score
post pics of an actual hipshot and the one on the ghost fret. should convince everyone.

yeah do that, post the same links I posted before using the same guitar so they understand, educate those ppl too, because even as fans of the brand some wont know the difference. I remember with the latest ghost fret meme competition someone point out that it wasnt a hipshot on facebook and quite a few ppl didnt knew that

A-Branger

Reaction score
i think this guitar would look way better with nickel pickup covers

agree,

Rob Chapman now has his bridge pup with a chrome cover (donno why only one), and on his blue one, woooow it really changes the look of the guitar for the best

ExtremophileElite

17 Guitars&Counting
Reaction score
yeah do that, post the same links I posted before using the same guitar so they understand, educate those ppl too, because even as fans of the brand some wont know the difference. I remember with the latest ghost fret meme competition someone point out that it wasnt a hipshot on facebook and quite a few ppl didnt knew that

I will post the other pictures if they feel as if I am wrong. I sent a PM to the guy I was told to contact so we will see what happens.

Enderlyn

Reaction score
I'm getting a lot further than I thought I would. Let's hope I can get somewhere.

I hope this finally gets you an answer. It's a bit absurd that you had to try so manly outlets and still haven't gotten an official response.

Even though I still think there's a chance it's just an innocent screwup on the spec sheet, Chapman's lack of customer service on this has put me off of wanting to get a Ghost Fret myself.