NGD - Custom 7-String "Vikoyes" Style

• Thread starter Fringe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fringe

Reaction score
Hey there! Been here for a while now and I guess it's time for my first post, starting with a NGD I've been waiting for some months now.

Last summer I decided it's time for my first complete custom built guitar. Of course all the "usual" guys came to my mind but as I didn't like to wait 2 years or more I remembered a guy a good friend of mine recommended to me some time ago. I rang him up...and it was set up.

As you can clearly see on the pics, it's quite heavily inspired by a Vik Duality but definetly no copy as I gave it a bit more booty (took that from my ex-Mayones Regius, hence the imaginary "Vikoyes" title) changed some other things here and there so it now has it's own character and looks stunning (at least I think so ;) ). Headstock was also a combination of some designs I like, plus I wanted to have the gorgeous wenge of the neck to be seen on it, too.

Specs:
-Black limba body with redwood one piece top, ivoroid binding
-7pcs wenge/maple neck
-Ziricote fretboard with Evo Jumbo frets
-BKP Nailbombs (Ceramic bridge, Alnico neck)
-ETS custom bridge
-Sperzel Tuners

Here we go with the pics:
20130218_193246.jpg
20130218_193246.jpg

20130218_193434.jpg

20130218_193529.jpg

20130218_193631.jpg

20130218_193659.jpg

20130218_193721.jpg

20130218_193810.jpg

Well that's it for now, hope you like it :)
20130218_193246.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WiseSplinter

Reaction score
Oh nice, that is tasty. I do see the ViK'ness in the horns, the lower one especially, but it does not come across as a copy at all.
I like the design, nice carves, and pretty cool mashup for the headstock design. :yesway:

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
Looks really nice! Still, I'd like to see some daylight pics of that redwood top, I think it is hiding something stunning :agreed:

Fringe

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words!
I'll try to do some nice daylight pics soon, just damn cold in germany at the moment ;)

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
That looks incredible dude!! I love the headstock and the laminates + wood grain in the neck.

Fringe

Reaction score
Again thank you guys! The organic look was definetly what I was looking for and turned out really nice.

It's a german luthier, his little shop is called Unicut Guitars, guess there already was one or the other thread on him somewhere here. One man show with a real passion for what he's doing, great guy!

Oh Fred the Shred himself posts :) , met you on Musikmesse with Felix last year, hope to see you again this time around!

blanco

Reaction score
Wow love it. I like the vik influence but like you say not quite a copy. Wood dials make a great touch as well. Defiantly wouldn't mind seeing more pictures though.

Fringe

Reaction score
I will definetly post some more pics as soon as I find some time and good weather (hopefully this weekend). Any requests what pics you wanna see? I'll try my best ;)

It does sound really amazing. First BKP's I have and seems I also got lucky with the woods. Very intense, very clear, not muddy at all, still very punchy! Even when not plugged in it's really loud and organic, just love it! As soon as I find some time I'll try to record sth. (although no pro ;) ).

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
little less curvy, congrats. Love that one piece top.