NGD: Daemoness Cimmerian Cross Inlay w/ stop-killswitch and Korina/Maple Body

• Thread starter Xifter
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Very pretty, and I particularly like how the intricate inlay doesn't make things too busy and actually integrates beautifully as a part of the design. Enjoy the new axe! :)

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
I can only agree with anyone else (except b7string because I'm not moving forward in the queue)

...but what happened to the inlay going around the neck?

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
That is incredible dude!!!!! Dylan is amazing at inlays.

How do the Cold Sweats sounds with that wood combination?

Xifter

Reaction score
I can only agree with anyone else (except b7string because I'm not moving forward in the queue)

...but what happened to the inlay going around the neck?

Here is what I wrote in the build thread in page 3 regarding this and yes it was sad news but totally makes sense:

"On to some bad news update.... regarding the inlay that was supposed to go wrapping around the back side of the neck...

After consulting multiple top luthiers, Dylan found that he would be unable to do an inlay that went all the way around the backside of the neck and onto the fretboard. The reason is that with the wood contracting and expanding carving slots into the neck for inlay to be placed would lead to neck to not be stable over time. It would get to where while sliding your hand up and down the neck you would even feel the inlay after a while which is bad on both fronts-playability and sturdiness over time.

So, we opted not to go that route. I have to say, the color and overall appeal of the guitar is beyond my expectation already."

Levi79

Reaction score
This is going to sound incredibly selfish, but every time I see one of these threads I get more and more excited because it means that I am one notch closer in the queue ;)

Congrats on the exquisite instrument!
Your in Edmonton... Wanna hang out when you get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.