NGD: Daemoness

• Thread starter Ramburger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ramburger

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Managed to get my hands on this used Daemoness a couple weeks ago.
Specs from what I can tell,
Swamp ash body
Birds eye maple neck
Ebony board
SS frets
25.5" scale
SD Black Winter pickups
Hipshot bridge and tuners
Flushmount straplocks(not in the pics)

Looks like it was made in 2012. Haven't had the time to fully get to know her but I can tell you it feels like one of the best 7s I've played. The thin neck and light weight body make it really comfortable to hold and play. The detail in the inlay work is spot on. Should have a video of this sometime soon but here are some pics for now:

BENResG.png

KPdE8nB.png

rvNJyAB.png

mPY88u7.png

MdN8MMS.png

VAq1fx6.png

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
That inlay is very tasteful, and that's my biggest gripe with custom inlays like this, but this is fvcking beautiful and whoever worked on it is a beast!

Alcoholocaust

Reaction score
It blows my mind how someone can have a custom made instrument to their specs with killer custom artwork and then just sell it....

Good score man!

Scordare

Reaction score
Very nice...compensated nut too.. Love the inlay!

nicktao

Reaction score
Wait, did someone actually mod it and put pickup rings on it? Who the .... would do that?

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
Great inlay, lovely wood.
Pickup rings :shrug:

My question is why is that control cavity so freaking HUGE?

Anyway don't let us rain on your parade, it is a lovely guitar. Personally I think the grain in that Ash is so beautiful I would have just left it a natural finish, but thats me :)

Ramburger

Reaction score
That looks awesome, will you be making any demos of the guitar?

Yes, hopefully within the week :)

It's a thing of beauty, but curse whoever put pickup rings on it.

Wait, did someone actually mod it and put pickup rings on it? Who the .... would do that?

One of the last owners had the SD pickups installed but the techs they needed the pickup rings because the body was too thin.

My question is why is that control cavity so freaking HUGE?

It doesn't look that big in person but it has all the pots and input jack. It also has the Daemoness latin writing art over the whole cavity.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
One of the last owners had the SD pickups installed but the techs they needed the pickup rings because the body was too thin.

No, that tech doesn't know WTF they are doing, like the one I left my Cimmerian with... :wallbash: The pickups need short screws, springs, larger holes drilled i to the tabs, and foam to raise them. The only reason rings would be needed is the screw holes in the wood were stripped out too much. And even then, there is still another fix better than rings.

Regardless, awesome score! I won't lie, I nearly grabbed this one years ago. It's a stunner and sounded great in all the demos I've seen. Congrats and HNGD!

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
Looks Great, congrats!

I can't really get on with that headstock, but everything else more than makes up for it.

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
It doesn't look that big in person but it has all the pots and input jack. It also has the Daemoness latin writing art over the whole cavity.

Ah cool that makes sense.

Hey dude, in all honesty, who cares. You love it thats all that matters. Shame about the tech screwing up though, I'm hardly techy and even I know that shizz.

Latest posts