NGD DC800 Pants Party

• Thread starter MacTown09
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MacTown09

Reaction score
Yeah man, I actually lived in Denton for quite a while. Used to frequent Cool Beans quite a bit. Stopped going after the third time my buddy got us tossed out lol. I might take you up on that if I can swing it. I've got a ton of shit going on inside and outside of work for the next few months though. Work projects, relatives on their deathbed and all sorts of craziness. If I do make it down I'll bring my RGD, I haven't seen too many of them floating around the area.

I too have never laid hands on an RGD. In fact, last time I went to GC around here to try some 7's and 8's, the managers were all trying to tell me that ERGs are just a passing fad like they were in the 90's and that I should just invest in a guitar with a longer life span. Dang, Dallas sucks sometimes for Metal!

I will give you a significant heads up before I head over to Matt's!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nonservium

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
and this is why you never EVER under any circumstances listen to the words that come out of the mouths of Guitar Center employees.

I dunno man, the guys at Lewisville seem to be pro-ERG. I've ordered and bought a few 7's through them and an 8 (which got returned, RGA bridge failure). Never got anything but "oh shit, that's awesome" out of them.

For the most part everyone in there is cool.

room

Reaction score
Looks beautiful and plays even better. The neck feels AMAZING with the tung oil. The pickups are some of the best ive used. Extremely responsive to tone and volume controls, most likely due to the pre amp inside. There are a few scratches on the ash under the tung oil finish. It looks like some dragged a screw driver across the wood. Also there is some black (no one likes black!) next to some of the frets and I really hope it comes off.

Vid on Wednesday after I take my test in the morning. Dang Gafas Dior Maymester.

Ahh it also came with a really nice case! For those of you who get one of these make sure to slide the locks to open the outer latches. I spent like 3 solid minutes trying to figure this out. Almost just ripped the thing open.

MacTown09

Reaction score
FUN THINGS! :D :D :D :D

I knew something was weird when I have been playing, but until now it was just a fewwling I had.

I measured the strings and they did indeed but an "A" above the low "E" gauged string where my low "B" was supposed to be.

MacTown09

Reaction score
HUGEEEEEE Bump!

For a video of this thing!

This is how I have been using it tone wise. I really enjoy the Carvin pickups :)