NGD E-ii Horizon 7FR

• Thread starter Jacksonluvr636
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
My friend had this and sold it to me cheap. I like it better than the Schecter I just got. It's just more resonant, sounds better and feels nicer.

I do like the Schecter and the neck is a little thinner but I'm not big on the Fishman pickups. Anyway I love this thing. Has a couple of very minor marks on it but nothing bad. Could use a bit of a cleanup but I got it for a steal. This one he bought from the Axe Palace and it was a NAMM showpiece some years ago.

Was unexpected and I probably shouldn't have bought another guitar but for the price I couldn't say no.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’ve always loved the black with white binding model . This finish is pretty darn close . If I had money to burn this would be one to get , something about an ESP 7 string with a Floyd sounds fun . Also , with you on the Fishmans .

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
I’ve always loved the black with white binding model . This finish is pretty darn close . If I had money to burn this would be one to get , something about an ESP 7 string with a Floyd sounds fun . Also , with you on the Fishmans .
Yeah, I had the KM7 and same thing. Great guitar and perfect neck but eh. I wish SD made active mount black winters.

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
I’ve been eyeing one of these myself. I had the OG esp horizon 7fr back in 2013ish and it was awesome. Great guitars HNGD
I had a standard series horizon 6 string. It was 2011 I think. Hard to remember and hard to compare but I want to say the E-ii is just as good.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
These are cool guitars - I'd have bought one if I could deal with the recessed Floyd. HNGD!

BusinessMan

Reaction score
I had a standard series horizon 6 string. It was 2011 I think. Hard to remember and hard to compare but I want to say the E-ii is just as good.
I think it’s fair to say that they’re pretty similar in feel. I’ve got an eii katana 7 and it’s plays buttery smooth just like the horizon did from what I remember. Just need to do something about the volume knob.

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
Righteous! I don't usually care for superstrats but I really like these. The finish/tops can be hit or miss but this is a great one. HNGD

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
That is one of my favourite Horizons since I saw a band use it live. That finish looks absolutely gorgeous under stage lights.

Congrats!!

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
These are cool guitars - I'd have bought one if I could deal with the recessed Floyd. HNGD!
I love it tbh, I haven't had a Floyd in YEARS but I did grow up playing on one and that is all I used for probably 10 years or so.

Have only tried one non recessed but this one felt like home.

For a hard tail I have to use a hipshot and cannot play on a TOM bridge.

So yeah, I get everyone has their bridge preferences.

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
The controls/layout is atrocious looking - but I prefer blade switches.

Still a beaut!

Latest posts