NGD: EBMM JP12-7 - Pics + Review!

• Thread starter Alberto7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lost_horizon

Reaction score
Got pics?
Why yes, yes I do! As always, pics first, talk later!
It is so tricky to photograph this guitar. I tried to take pictures in different lighting to showcase the finish.
Cameras are also inherently shit at accurately capturing reds, so it tends to look a bit more brown in pictures than it really is.
Did you know Dream Theater played a set on a segue as a totally normal band at the 2002 Salt Lake City Games for the Today Show? Core memory right there...
The guitar is drop-dead gorgeous. The finish is one of the classiest I have seen on any guitar. From afar it looks pretty much black, or a dark maroon. But if you get closer than 10 feet you begin to notice the glimmer. When in direct sunlight the deep red sparkles really come to life! Depending on the lighting it varies from dark maroon, to a deep wine red, even a bright red.
When it is overcast you wouldn't be able to see shit, most DT fans are system admins at large corps so wouldn't even go out in the sun (I am a data analyst for maybe the world's largest mining company) and the only time I have seen DT has been at night so the colour would only be visible on direct spotlight.

All I could find from the games was this promo from NBC:

(Also the Dragonball movie "The tree of life" sound score was just an entire DT album Scenes from a memory)

It sounds great, and I love the fact that it has a piezo. Never owned a guitar with a piezo before so I'm excited to see what I will come up with using it. The Crunchlab/Liquifire set is pretty great too. Very versatile guitar.
My piezo has great sustain and separation which is my favourite part, also I use a d tuner pedal and a bass rig simulation and it does a pretty gnarly acoustic 5 string emulation.
2) This guitar is a total chonk! 8.7 lbs, which was pretty unexpected as all JPs I had tried in the past tended to be signifcantly lighter. My heaviest was my Carvin DC727 (swamp ash, koa, and ebony) at a hair shy of 8 lbs. It is not uncomfortable by any means, but something I immediately noticed!
What is the body wood on the Ernie Ball serial checker specs???

Get a tube amp and a load box, have it all... I play mostly at home, more so now that the band's drummer fled 250 km away from me and the bassist. My Triaxis rig sounds good, why should I use amp sims?. I use 2x 1st gen Torpedo Captors with analogue cab emulation that I mix with the Triaxis' own cab emulation in my audio interface. Sounds good and dynamic, no need for the IRs rabbit hole. It took me a long time to get the captors... if there are things that I regret doing in this music context is not buying the Captors earlier...
God I needed to hear this! I just laid down some cash for a 90s single recto 50 watt combo and due to a reverb issue it won't ship for 21 days! I can't wait to hear it but also trade it in on a Triaxis or a Mark V if I want to get closer! I already have a Cab M and a Captor 8 ohm on the way...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
This is kinda what i do :lol: and people do it to me.
Nobody forced me to join a guitar forum, I do this to myself :lol:

Did you know Dream Theater played a set on a segue as a totally normal band at the 2002 Salt Lake City Games for the Today Show? Core memory right there...

When it is overcast you wouldn't be able to see shit, most DT fans are system admins at large corps so wouldn't even go out in the sun (I am a data analyst for maybe the world's largest mining company) and the only time I have seen DT has been at night so the colour would only be visible on direct spotlight.

All I could find from the games was this promo from NBC:

(Also the Dragonball movie "The tree of life" sound score was just an entire DT album Scenes from a memory)

My piezo has great sustain and separation which is my favourite part, also I use a d tuner pedal and a bass rig simulation and it does a pretty gnarly acoustic 5 string emulation.

What is the body wood on the Ernie Ball serial checker specs???

I had no idea about the DBZ and Dream Theater thing, that is both hilarious and amazing :lol: I think that was probably in the English dub only, cause I feel like I would have heard it as a kid obsessed with all things Dragon Ball. I originally watched it in the Latin Spanish dub.

The serial number doesn't return body wood. It returns a build code that I don't really knlw how to interpret. Afaik all JP12s are basswood with a maple top and mahogany tone block.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
lol, I saw this too the other day--definitely tempting!

Having just got a regular JP6 recently I think i'll be able to hold off on this one though, lol.
Lol yeah. As much as I am enjoying the JP12 and as much it would be cool to have one of each... I think currently the only other JP I'd actually consider getting is a JP6 with a scoop, preferably in Mystic Dream. A JP16 would be pretty bomb also. I only ever tried one JP6 with a scoop back in like 2009 or 2010, and it blew my mind as to why all guitars don't have a scoop. (Probably cause it's not very attractive... but omg it's so comfy.)

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
what website did you find that on?
Canada’s national music chain is Long and McQuade, also called l&m and loan and persuade :lol:. Like guitar center they have a used section of their site, gear hunter. I found it there. Once an item sells from GH, the listing is usually gone within 24hr.

I misses a $425 recto slant in Edmonton last night :(