NGD: EBMM JP13-7

• Thread starter Slaeyer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Slaeyer

Reaction score
Finally after what seems like ages of searching and googling I finally managed to get hold of a JP 7-String.
Bought of the bay from the US and had it shipped to Germany using ebay's Global Shipping Program.
The guitar itself is probably the best sounding guitar I owned so far and I'm really glad I bought it. It simply plays, feels and sounds like a dream.

The only thing that really sucked was shipping it with GSP. The tracking is kinda slow and the status sometimes freezes for several days.
What bugged me most is paying all fees like customs and import taxes directly to ebay without getting any documents that the guitar has been imported properly or that customs and taxes have been payed at all....
which is kind of expensive if you pay like 450 Euro for it....

Still I'm super-happy that I bought it. Here are some crappy pictures of it. :)

David

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jaspergep

Reaction score
Very nice! HNGD! I'm considering buying a JP12 from the States sometime in the future.
Do you still have warranty on it since you did not buy it from a certified german dealer?

I absolutely love that neck :bowdown:

Slaeyer

Reaction score
Very nice! HNGD! I'm considering buying a JP12 from the States sometime in the future.
Do you still have warranty on it since you did not buy it from a certified german dealer?

I don't think I have any kind of warranty as I bought is second hand from ebay.

I have no experience regarding buying equipment from certified dealers in the states. But I'll guess there is not warranty when importing e.g. a guitar to Europe...

tylerpond05

Mormon Metalhead
Reaction score
Looks amazing. There are some guitars that look great with that shimmery silver paint, and the JP is one of them.

Spectivum

Reaction score
Is that a compensated nut? does it have the same effect if you tune down?

apexiwildchild

sevenstringer
Reaction score
HNGD MAN! So you end up paying another custom and import tax even tho after you already pay for it through GSP?

decreebass

Business Secrets of the Pharoahs
Reaction score
congrats, my fellow JP13 7 player!

Is it not like playing a BMW? I love my 13. Since I got my 15, the 13 hasn't gotten much action until these last few weeks - I had reserved my 13 for live/band rehearsal and my 15 for studio use, but I've been rocking my 13 exclusively for the last few weeks. It's such a wonderful instrument.

Weirdly, though, a single flat-top pole piece on the neck pup has started to rust lol. No idea why just this one pole piece. Anyway, still one of my favorite guitars of all time.

Also, is the rosewood fretboard not absolutely glorious on these?

IvzfFTiiJGsssBSiUU6gO8qqixicoCdBqfs2s7OA7B0qlhuokD8yPIWGLIKmU8SVD0QhRMe8go1_NQ9ZLhWGMvYVuaSICUn9QXsaVoglQ5xVqhrHpQh8va-JGmA2gqWlnuLoIAy6SI1V6ifPG6j4sLrRf-Km8nitmDRknkMPmW_Q-KzmEO2RWPgi56bXtezOXQLHF08n1PMRvnMfANEYMzBIrqMFsRHmj8NmEI0X5RzgfvAfI3sDZywvvQd1xIpPC3q73NXeutpab0UVGmYAGxoo-oXI6n9-68IFCzBQkmgDI_lPRFKWFcVTvEESdnKtzU4hAx7lC8ZR4qDwvuSbbbno0CXyg2ab30DqftSpISdC9jxHHb78qlhS0c4xEK-d1YNPkRwTDNaZ67VHbCZqYJRatPR_jG0yktwenvJcX5b25HVre8EjJL1VWlD7Ew_cgB9QKdvHYJOryKsxhPUObEQIrRvW9m_EOAAAhVM8D2QxXQ1b91wxGqWqN5wvWMfHzyiVyd9IFxelhOwWq6XAn9YKKTawfD2Wy-RQp8wYrCGL=w642-h855-no