NGD Ebmm Koa , Godlike .

Svava

Djento ergo sum
Reaction score
I have a serious question. I really like how the Koa model looks, I am currently looking for a guitar to buy, how does the playability of this compare to the regular JP models? Are you paying $1000 extra because of aesthetic or is it really much better to play?

It's worth your first born child.

Because tone wood.

Djent.

Go buy it.

:wallbash:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gumbyx

Reaction score
I have a serious question. I really like how the Koa model looks, I am currently looking for a guitar to buy, how does the playability of this compare to the regular JP models? Are you paying $1000 extra because of aesthetic or is it really much better to play?

First off man if you can get a JP you will most likely agree that they are amazing, the most comfortable playing guitar I have ever played/owned. Just go get one. I love Ibbys but JPs are just something special.

My Koa has a different tone from Solar burst JP. It sounds warmer and more rounded. If this makes any sense it sounds just like it looks. Very worth the money, go to sweetwater music they have a few JPs with RW necks ! Just get one man they are not of this earth ! Best company I have worked with!

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
HNGD dude! Been stoked wanting to check out the Koa you ordered as well! Very sexy top on that! :D

There is no "low end" margin for EBMM, their cheapest JP's will play and be made just as well as the higher end JP Koa we're seeing here. Speaking from experience, they're all made with superb fretwork, great attention to detail. So it's really up to you how you feel about spending the extra cash, consider this. The Koa and Bali Burst JP's are the only ones that they offer with a full Mahogany Body. So it doesn't sound like the rest of the line, but it has it's own set of tonewoods. I recommend trying whatever you can find and seeing what you honestly prefer. I still think the standard JP6/7 are the comfiest ones, don't be deterred by them being more affordable, they're easily as nice and are very unique.

My Koa is pretty awesome as well, it is very warm but doesn't lack in brightness or top end. It's pretty luxurious, and I normally wouldn't go for the Koa top model, but I had a great opportunity I couldn't pass up.

fc3603

Reaction score
HNGD man. I was looking at this guitar on Sweetwater as well. I ended up buying the JP13-7 Cardinal Red Sparkle.

Latest posts