NGD - Finished my project Ibanez Destroyer

_Mick_

Guitar Tech
Reaction score
I finally finished my Destroyer project. I've had a Perle Guitars Ibanez body hanging around for like 6 years now and decided to do something with it.

First time actually putting something together from bare basics and first time painting something like this. Learnt a heap about the whole process. Sparkle Red with a black ash open grain sorta look to it, similar to those Schecter Apocalypse models.

Although it's not quite finished, it'll do for now till I get more time to finesse it. The pickup routes and bridge route are both too shallow and need to be worked deeper to fit all the wiring and to bring the bridge back into the cavity. Currently the bottom of the baseplate sits flush with the top of the guitar. It works fine, but it's just odd to look at.

Specs;
Perle Guitars Basswood body blank
RGR420 neck and hardware
Edge Tremolo
Fishman Fluence Moderns

Gotta pull the neck off, and clean up the finer details. Redo the cavity routing to make it deeper and actually mount the pickups haha. Once the cavities are deep enough I'll be able to wire in the mini switch to go in the blank hole to switch the coil splits. Currently has p/p pots for voice 2 and gain reduction.

Already planned my next build, Iceman incoming!

hKulsYn.jpg

ehkDwNN.jpg

aUlgZTL.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xk6m6m5X

Reaction score
Wish i could see it XD but its a destroyer so it must be good

Nik_Left_RG

Reaction score
I finally finished my Destroyer project. I've had a Perle Guitars Ibanez body hanging around for like 6 years now and decided to do something with it.

First time actually putting something together from bare basics and first time painting something like this. Learnt a heap about the whole process. Sparkle Red with a black ash open grain sorta look to it, similar to those Schecter Apocalypse models.

Although it's not quite finished, it'll do for now till I get more time to finesse it. The pickup routes and bridge route are both too shallow and need to be worked deeper to fit all the wiring and to bring the bridge back into the cavity. Currently the bottom of the baseplate sits flush with the top of the guitar. It works fine, but it's just odd to look at.

Specs;
Perle Guitars Basswood body blank
RGR420 neck and hardware
Edge Tremolo
Fishman Fluence Moderns

Gotta pull the neck off, and clean up the finer details. Redo the cavity routing to make it deeper and actually mount the pickups haha. Once the cavities are deep enough I'll be able to wire in the mini switch to go in the blank hole to switch the coil splits. Currently has p/p pots for voice 2 and gain reduction.

Already planned my next build, Iceman incoming!

hKulsYn.jpg

ehkDwNN.jpg

aUlgZTL.jpg

Man, that looks killer.. The body shape kinda looks like the one Wes Hauch posted on his instagram..

_Mick_

Guitar Tech
Reaction score
Thanks for the love everyone, it’s been a super fun project. Will grab some more photos and a video of it after work today

Nice guitar. It's fun to build something like that, right? :)
Thanks man! It’s seriously a bunch of fun!

Man, that looks killer.. The body shape kinda looks like the one Wes Hauch posted on his instagram..
It is the same shape as Wes’ post. Seriously a killer shape!

ThunderMoose

Reaction score
Love, love, love that red sparkle!
Looks amazing. Well done, sir.
Fishmans fit in with the look as well.

Latest posts